laptop booting problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vez, Dec 15, 2010.

1. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    i have used windows loader 1.9.5 on my sony vaio and it activated pperfectly but when i installed the loader on my dell, it said
    WINDOWS HAS FAILED TO START ..................................................................................................................
    INSERT YOURDISK........................................................................................................................................................

NOTE
    error: the booting device is unaccesible

i had to insert my windows 7 disk and launched the cmd
    and used the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force"
    but when it boots, it still says 28 days remaining and when i click on activate windows, it is telling me that the windows 7 key is invalid...
    how do i fix this, or which other activator should i use

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Ask in daz thread...

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ vez
    Does the Dell system have an OEM partition? If yes then thats your problem. The loader hates recovery partitions as they interfere with the boot process.

If you have an OEM partition you will need to format the drive with a tool such as Active@ Kill Disk (free ISO) to clear the whole HDD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    #4 vez, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    (OP)
    yes it does have a 100mb size OEM partition that has the important files on it,,,AND THE main hard disk has 74 gb which i installed windows 7 on(which makes up 2 partitions in total),,but can u tell me how i should use the ACTIVE@ KILL DISK
    if i am to format the OEM partition, will it damage the system or do anything bad to it

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 Daz, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Remember if you remove your OEM partition you cannot recover your system back to factory state make sure you have recovery cd/dvd, maybe even to late now that you have installed windows 7 and 100mb partition recovery may not work. Personally i would try and restore to factory state and make backup cd/dvd's then you can use ACTIVE@ KILL DISK.

7. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    #7 vez, Dec 15, 2010
    (OP)
    it was on a black screen,,,let me tell u exactly what i did....
    i installed windows 7 loader
    i click OK to restart
    the laptop is now restarting , it passes the past which says "PRESS F12 TO ENTER RECOVERY..............AND U SEE A BAR LOADING ACROSS
    when it passes this
    a black scrren comes up telling me
    WINDOWS HAVE FAIled to start, please insert your windows disk and repair
    and there is also a"PLEASE NOTE" THE BOOTING DEVICE IS UNACESIIBLE"
    then i have to put in the windows 7 cd and start up rrecovery thendo the cmd thing "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force"
    and when i click back on restart, it does boots up but when i check system properties, 27 days remaining
    and when i click on "activate windows now"
    i see up the top of screen, you product key u types is invalid....
    and also the dell laptop did come with 2 partition when it was been bought, but my brother has the laptop, so when he gets back, ill tell you what the label of the 100mb partiition is..
    and for some reason the 100mb partiition icon is a weird xp looking folder,,,,and i know when u see these windows looking xp folders they are viruses.
    the main harddisk has its correct icon with a picture of a local disk but the 100 mb partition has a weird looing folder.

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ urie
    As it's 100MB id say it's safe to say that it won't be a recovery image but rather something like a collection of drivers, most of which won't be compatible with Windows 7 and that have newer versions online anyway.

@ vez
    As it has an icon and it's displayed to you then odds are that it's not the 100MB partition created by Windows 7. My guess is as above, it's some kind of boot recovery partition which may also contain a few drivers for XP. Removing all partitions and starting fresh with Active@ Kill Disk should work for you :)

9. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    the 1oomb partition is labelled system Reserved (D:)
    and when i open it i see a autorun file

can i try removewat or i just need a working windows 7 ultimate product key

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, Dec 15, 2010
    System Reserved should be hidden which suggests somethings been modified. Have you run other stuff prior to installing the loader or are you using a modified version of the Windows 7 ISO?

RemoveWAT is unsupported so if you use that and have problems come SP1 then you're on your own. You would be better off formatting, installing an unmodified version of Windows 7 and then using the loader to activate it.

At this point my only suggestion would be to install the loader with the legacy setting selected and also unselect the option to ignore OEM partitions, if that doesn't work then you need to format to use the loader solution.

11. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    which version of the loader should i use and do i still have to use active kill disk and on the system reserved it is saying 69.8mb free of 99.0mb,
    if when i use the active kill disk, will it format both partitions and merge them into 1 complete hard drive now

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The latest, version 1.9.5 :)

When you use Active@ Kill Disk it will format the whole HDD and during the Windows 7 install it will make 2 partitions. One hidden 100MB partition it places boot files on at the start of the HDD (faster boot) and the rest of the drive it will use as normal.

13. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    are you sure that when it formats the whole hdd including the system reserved, it will not cause any damage to bios or the computer

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    100% positive.

15. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    the problem is now fixed, i have download many of ur loaders which is daz loaders then i came across a loader called 7Loader by Hazar 1.6 and it worked,,,,now windows is activated

16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #16 Daz, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Just an FYI. Using that older loader is the equivilent to what I previously said above.

The new loader ignores OEM partitions as they're not always compatible where as the old loader accepts all drive types.

17. zaiko

zaiko MDL Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I see two Dell volumes on my HD , one 55 MB (fat16) and one 3 GB(fat 32).
    Can't I format these partitions with acronis director ?

18. vez

vez MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2010
    is your hdd even a hard drive cause, it wud be rly small then,u can just delete 1 of the volumes, then extend the other 1,

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    One will be dell diagnostic and the other the recovery partition. Yes you can format or even remove with acronis diskdirector.