Laptop Doesn't go to sleep,

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by l30, Dec 9, 2016.

1. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    Hi everyone, i have an issue since a month with my machine HP AE132TX. Laptop doesn't go to sleep. When i put it to sleep its screen turns off but the power light stays on and after 3 to 4 minutes machine turns off. Secondly when i turn on laptop and on login screen when i select sleep it normally goes to sleep mode and normally wakes up but when i login it doesn't go to sleep from there. i am currently using Windows 10 Pro 14393.479. and i have tried insider build 14965 and most of the times my laptop goes to sleep normally on that build. I have tried both HP and Microsoft technician both were unable to diagnose the problem with laptop so i am hoping you guys can help me out.
    What i have tried so far
    1) Clean install only with drivers and issue remained
    2) Minimal startup with microsft services only doesnt worked either
    3) bios and HDD firmwares are updated
    4) i have checked through command prompt no driver or service is causing this behavior or restraining laptop from going to sleep

Please help me out :worthy::worthy::worthy:

2. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    This thing occur to me after an update. After a couple of reboot everything went back to normal.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014

Attached Files:

4. dmex

dmex MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Looks like you have some sort of hardware issue since there's no application or driver blocking sleep mode (indicative of a software issue)?

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    oke tried every thing you say I did not realy followed this topic but if it is not windows wide casing this behaviour it must be hardware related as is said before so it should be an setting in the bios or else something in the hardware is messed up just my 2 cents

ps I see that low power is not supported by the hardware that I find strange for an laptop

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    Do you have any power settings in BIOS settings you can change? Try loading defaults in BIOS and see what's happened, otherwise could be a hardware issue as told before

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    fixed feature.. S0 not supported.. uhh try F.35A bios i guess.
    sounds like DSDT ACPI issue

8. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    Thank You very much

Thankyou very much to all members who have contributed to this thread with such valuable input. I am truly thankful to all of you and as suggested by all members I think you all are right and it is a hardware fault and on Tuesday I will hopefully got to service center to claim the warranty. When I contacted the HP Support they said that it is issue created by anniversary update and hopefully fixed by hotfixes so you should wait. whereas I am using anniversary update (14393) since july and this bug or fault didn't occurred till November so I my best bet is also on hardware fault. So I contacted Microsoft Technician and they didn't contributed much except clearing the temp folders and running windows update and than they told me that we have consulted with senior tech team and they claimed it is not causing by windows as all the files and logs suggest that windows is operating at normal level so we suggest you contact manufacturer so I am 100 % positive that it is caused by hardware fault so I will be claiming the warranty.

I need one more suggestion laptop came with windows 10 core and with bunch of softwares like cyerlink pack (POWER DVD, Power Director etc) I have created external recovery media as well so I wana ask that should I stick to OEM windows or install Custom Windows 10 pro and create personalized recovery using @
    AnarethoS

recovery tools.

and one more thing earlier when I tried to restore oem recovery it gave me error after completing 36% that "Destination drive not connected) any suggestion for this ???

9. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Uninstall the graphics adapter at device manager completely and restart your system to see if it will help. A cousine had the same probem once only to find out it's a graphic driver issue.

10. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    You could try downgrade the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver from v 11.0.0 to v 9.5 this helped to solve sleep problems on hp laptops running windows 10.

11. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    The driver which came with this laptop is OEM installed adapter is HD Graphics 520 but when I download the driver from Intel website it gives an error that this driver is not valid for this PC please contact manufacturer for driver and when I go to HP website the last date of HP driver update is Aug 2015 and is not updated since so I don't think the issue is HD Graphics related as driver is still one year old and if was a driver issue it would have occurred 4 months ago when I first updated to 14393 but the issue occurred like one month ago

12. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    I am writing as an update because my issue has been resolved what I really did is
    downloaded latest intel 520 graphics driver from intel website and when I tired to install them it gave me error they are not for this system so modified new drivers and after poking around a few times i was successful to install it and now my laptop is going to sleep normally so i am really thankfull to all of you really really thankful for your valuable input Regards AkA M0NS73R :worthy: