Laptop is beeping

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fusion, May 20, 2010.

1. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    Hi everyone!
    About 1 week ago my laptop started beeping. It's Continuous Hi-Lo Beep and I've read somewhere that it's the cpu overheating and now I just don't know what to do. Also I don't know where the cpu is located, if needed. Please help me!

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    reboot and go into the bios and look for an option called "Hardware Monitor" or something like that and tell me what the CPU temp is saying along with the fan RPM. I also need to know the model of your laptop to supply you with info on how to access the CPU if nessesary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    #3 Fusion, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    (OP)
    Well, when I entered the bios, there was no hardware monitor or anything simillar to this. I've searched all over my bios but I didn't find anything. Anyway I've downloaded a program called "Core Temp" and it says that the temperature is about 48-52 C. My laptop's model is Toshiba Satellite A300.

P.S.
    My bios is InSyde H2O Bios version: 1.60

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Can you stres your cpu and read temps then? I don't know what temp laptops are normally running on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    what means to stress the cpu?

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    load it 100% so it produses as much heat as possiblen, if it stays cool enough to not boob then the temps are not the problem

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    From what I find with google that temp looks ok. The hotter the air that comes out of the fan te better, cause all heat that goes out isn't in it anymore. And I think in most laptops the heatspreader is right behind the keyboard so when you lift the keyb out the spreader gets in contact with open air and temp drops.

But it can still be that other parts are getting to hot, my old laptop sometimes just hangs because a 2nd little fan doesn't work anymore (right next to where the powercable comes in)

8. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    Well I cleaned the fan with a vacuum cleaner and it worked like a charm :]

9. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    Lol, when I turned it on today it started to beep again :X Damn! But the beep didn't last that long.

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It sounds like to me that your bios may be giving you these warnings but they are false possitives for whatever reason dude. It seems kinda odd that your CPU does not get that hot yet it still warns you that it is. If there is an option in the bios to disable the warning beeps maybe that is what you should do but I would monitor the CPU temp for awhile first just to be safe.

11. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    the beeps are a code as well,google the meaning of the beeps you are getting and it may tell you what hardware is giving the warning.