Laptop Keyboards - How To Configure Non-Standard kbds

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Carel, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Carel

Carel MDL Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hi all, can anyone perhaps guide me how to configure a keyboard on a laptop? I have 2x laptops: Toshiba Satellite A100 & Samsung N130. I've formatted them both because they were slow {due to the crap the manufacturers normally install}, now I have a problem. The PCs are running fine, but the keys on the keyboard are all mixed up. The @$%^&"'<> keys are scrambled on the Satellite A100. And on the Samsung the problem is even worse - The IOPJLKNM keys all don't work at all - it gives me numbers instead of letters???? I'm trying to use Windows 7 x86 on them, but the Samsung can't be used at all - not like this. Help would be gladly appreciated...

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Did you pick the right language settings.

I think you can change the laguge from say English USA to English UK ( or vica versa )

When you press on the keys that dont work do numbers pop up....On lappy keyboards most have a dual setting with a white key and a blue key. Check to see if the blue key settings are selected.. I believe there will be a key with blue letters on "Fn" try this see if it helps...

3. Carel

Carel MDL Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #3 Carel, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    (OP)
    Hi, I checked the Samsung N130 - it's working now. It was the Numlock / Dual keypad function that was switched on. The Toshiba was set to South African keyboard layout. I changed that to UK, now it's working too. Thanks bro.

4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    All working....

Cool... :)