Laptop Runs Better After Disabling Telemetry

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by deepak2001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. deepak2001

deepak2001 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2012
    Yesterday I disabled telemetry services on my Laptop and eversince it's running 100x better.
    After updating to Windows 10 my laptop's fan was always running cause the laptop be so hot but now the laptop is cool AF and rarely the fan kicks in, only when I'm using Photoshop and iTunes.

Thanks MDLF for helping me :D

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Unfortunately I've read somewhere in here that after getting updates M$ will patch your system and restore/enhance such telemetry technologies. :weep:

3. shanye

shanye MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2015
    If you use O&O Shut Up 10 after each update session you can just disable them again.

4. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Even with removed that crap packages from wim file does it restore back? :confused:

5. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #5 elzna, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    well its true, laptop is as fast as ssd, i once metioned after disabling telemtry. but you can never run windows update again unfortunetly, if you want your true privacy. any new windows 10 install should be installed in offline mode btw and prevented from ever forcing updates.

6. deepak2001

deepak2001 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2012
    I wasn't actually concerned with Privacy as for personal use I use a MacBook. The only thing I used this HP Laptop was gaming and 24/7 torrenting and this telemetry service was draining much of my CPU for some reason, so I finally gave in to disable this knowing some of the features like PIN will be disabled... But I can't wish for best of two worlds is what came to my mind. xD

7. BellaBrown

BellaBrown MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2015
    Yup, the computer would be smoother if less CPU resource being occupied.

8. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    As long as the CPU is not saturated by the tasks, there is no reason which the computer "turns slower". However, the consumption is lesser and the battery is saved.

Slowings down can be caused by a slow hard disk and/or with numerous accesses which make move the reading head almost everywhere. Looking for resources to send them to MS is probably slowing the computer.