Laptop turns on automaticall when screen is opened?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Buster Bunny, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    After I hibernate, if I open the screen of the laptop, it turns on automatically?

what gives? how do i stop this?

specs in sig

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    You can check/adjust settings at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options window

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    ok let me try.

if it works, i will thank u :p

4. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    that means the laptop recognises that you are there and comes out of hibernation, there is a closing lid function but no (I don't think) open lid function as opening typically means you want to use it.

5. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    ...and if it doesn't???? I hope you don't dismiss the guy...he is just trying to help.

6. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Buster Bunny

That should not be too difficult. In Power Option, there should be a setting something like: "Choose What To Do When Opening or Closing Lid". Choose the option as "Do nothing". Thus, when you open the lid of your laptop, your laptop will remain in hibernation.

Hope this works. :)