Laptop was not getting switched on

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by mygeneticcode, Nov 3, 2014.

1. mygeneticcode

mygeneticcode MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2014
    Dear mates,
    I am having Dell latitude E5440 laptop having windows 8.1 OS. Today morning while am using my laptop its automatically shutting down by itself. after that whenever I try to switch on laptop its not getting switched on. whenever I press power button the light blinks on the power button switch for 2 seconds then caps lock indication button blinks in keyboard and then battery charging indication button blinks and no other response.whenever i put laptop with AC adaptor battery charging button indicates until switch on the main power. SO i thought the problem may be due to electrostatic current so i remove the charger and then battery then i press power on button in my laptop for 90 seconds then but my battery back and then connect to ac power and switched on the laptop. since am facing the same problem its not getting switched on but power on button blinks for 2 seconds and then no response. Please help me regarding these issue.

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #2 Mutagen, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Sounds like a major hardware failure (motherboard, keyboard)? Does it beep? Can you hear the fan starting, then stopping? Find the manual, it should describe error conditions. The E5440 is a current model. Don't you have a warranty? You should also try the Dell forums.

3. rehaandrew

rehaandrew MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2014
    Check whether disk are clean or not. Then check for server. Hope it is not making any sound.

4. mygeneticcode

mygeneticcode MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2014
    Its not making any sound

5. Ryansr

Ryansr MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2014
    This could just be a overheating issue. Try to see if one of the fans did not fail. :(