Laptop with no option for recovery dvds

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tech202, Mar 5, 2014.

1. tech202

tech202 MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2014
    i bought a new laptop asus q500l now i want to make recovey dvds and after looking on the internet in asus forums it seems my laptop has a recovery partiton but no option to create recovery dvds my question now is lets say i have a windows 8 dvd oem will i be able to use that to reinstall my os or is there a way for me to make a recovery dvd reason for asking is i want to install ssd in the laptop but i dont wanna doit without some kinda back up for my factory setup note i do use r-drive image for backing up hard drive thanks in advance

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #2 Stannieman, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Is your keyboard missing all punctuation marks or are you simply too lazy to use them?
    Shift key seems to have problems too...
    And last but not least, everything is written in bold, turn that off.

And if you have a windows 8 dvd it will pick up your bios key and activate. If it came with 8 and you try installing 8.1 you'll need to provide a dummy key during install and enter your real key after installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Better to do a full reformat when needed without OEM OS, it's full of bloatware almost all the time. You can use leaked or released "clean/bloatware free" Windows OS.

5. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    exactly, that's what I do with all laptops, format them as soon as I open the box :biggrin:

give me the link to your laptop's page and I will create the guide for u, step by step from a to z with the correct order of doing things

6. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    First post from this guy, ask a question and then NOTHING. :whistle3: At least he could say thank you.

Lievre

7. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I hate such people! come here asking for serious help then people like us take time to reply and explain and I even offered to make him a full clean install guide specific for his laptop and not a word!

I think these people register on MDL, post a thread, then go into a comma for an unknown period. No other explanation

8. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Sometimes "speech is silver, silence is gold" ....isn't that right? ^^^ :D

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Make a System Image and keep it in a safe place. In fact, make two for redundandancy.

10. tech202

tech202 MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2014
    Hey everyone sorry for taking so long to reply back I had to go out of town. Thanks for all of you guys help. I Downloaded the asus backtrack app. Today im going to find the link on asus site for my laptop.

11. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  12. hellowasif

hellowasif Guest

You can also use Windows image backup for backup of windows and u can also burn it on dvds...

13. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    control panel/recovery/bottom left corner,file history/bottom left corner,system image backup,