Lazarus 1.6.4 released

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by Michaela Joy, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi All,

Lazarus 1.6.4 has been released. :thumbsup:

Here's the link to the news over at the Lazarus forum.

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36052.0.html

I had a problem with downloading from SourceForge. Maybe it's my popup blocker.
    So, I suggest you use the non-SourceForge mirror at the bottom of the post.

Those links are live as of today. ;)

Enjoy...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. no problem downloading from sourceforge here, no popups as well :g:

3. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    :eek:

HOLY SMOKES

AN OPEN SOURCE DELPHI

why have I never seen this before?

thanks MJ :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    There are still a number of bugs, but they don't stop you from making top notch apps with Free Pascal and Lazarus. :)

If you build a system tray app in Lazarus, you will notice that, under Windows 7, the placement of the notification (hint) window is misplaced if your tray icon is not the left-most icon.

But most of the Embarcadero samples compile and run with minimal modification. That's a good thing.

5. Rouben

Rouben MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    #5 Rouben, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    I tested it with cross-compilation. It really is write once, compile everywhere... as long as you don't mind tweaking things a bit, like GUI element alignment (wasn't perfect between Linux, Mac OS and Windows 7) and building requires some manual compiler and linker config changes on each platform. Aside from that, it works perfectly. If you check their website there are examples of some pretty impressive software written in Lazarus/FreePascal, including a Photoshop clone.

By the way, the current release is Lazarus 1.8 with FPC 3.0.4.
    http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39210.0.html

The real disappointment is that the dev team still uses SourceForce for hosting the downloads and code. SF has really devolved into a graveyard and I generally avoid it like the plague. The company that bought it is shady as :censored:

Anyway, thankfully you can also grab the release on their FTP site: ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/releases/

EDIT: aaand it looks like the forum software can't handle ftp:// URI, even in URL tags... Sigh...