Leaked Windows 7 SP1 RTM and KMS Activator 5.0

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by akritasge, Jan 18, 2011.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You gotta be a little more specific.

What exactly is the problem?

Saying 'it doesnt work' is a little vague you know...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    you get 2 types of Professional, retail/oem & kms, are you sure that one is kms/volume?

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Actually there is only one Professional.

Its the Product Key you use that decides the licensing model.

Windows handles this automatically.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
  6. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    On the technet site, Win 7 Pro has one iso only (one for x64 and one for x86). It can be activated with a retail key, MAK key, or KMS. Also the Daz loader (which does not work only for enterprise). There do not seem to be 2 versions.

7. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
    #7 thethingy, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    technet UK has a volume copy, the installers are different, remove the con-fig file from the Professional edition you know of and you wont get the choice of installing the other retail ones.

volume/kms/mac

en_windows_7_professional_vl_build_x64_dvd_x15-71037.iso
    en_windows_7_professional_vl_build_x86_dvd_x15-71033.iso

retail/oem

en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso
    en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.iso

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    That is simply untrue.

And yes, i am sure, because i am using a KMS activated Professional installed from a Retail image myself.

At first it was activated via OEM, even.

As for differences; there are two images available, namely one with the GVLK in the .wim (VL) and one with the Trial Key in the .wim (Retail/OEM).

But that is the only difference. The actual OS is 100% identical.

Which one of the two images you use is entirely unimportant since the Product Key you enter decides the licensing model.

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Could be but not on the UK site for Technet Pro. There is definitely an iso for VL (71037, 71033) but it is not available for download to Technet Pro UK.

10. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
  11. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #11 Phazor, Jan 18, 2011
    Of course it does.

If you remove ei.cfg from a Retail image then youll have an All-Editions image. Thats common knowledge.

This doesnt work with Enterprise (and the Professional VL image) because they dont include the indexes for the other Editions. Thats all.

The installer has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all.

The thing that handles this is the licensing subsystem, and this subsystem automatically switches to whatever model your Product Key dictates. Always.

If you dont believe me just ask somebody at Microsoft.

Edit: As for your edit; you are confusing phone activation with a KMS Host, which are obviously two entirely different things.

I therefore suggest you read up on the basics because quite frankly you do not seem to understand these things yet. No offense.

PS: Since we are about to drive this thread totally off-topic i will leave it at that now. I have said my piece.

12. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
  13. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
    I wonder if they make it that easy for you, just tried the Pro oem/retail with a kms key for Pro and its rejected right out, might be the key but they are generic so I doubt it I think simply like Enterprise its just a different nstaller/setup

14. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yeah, sure.

Forgetting that you are talking to someone who is using Professional installed from the Retail image with KMS?

An installation i might add which was formerly activated via OEM and later converted to Volume by entering the GVLK?

So why dont you just cut the crap and let it be?

Its obvious by now that you have no idea so whats the point in going on anyhow?

Yeah. Its all in the installer.

When you found out what exactly the installer does to affect licensing dont forget to let me know.

So long pal...

15. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
    my day's, how pedantic, installer /setup = generic for the whole iso, that's all the contents by the way, I left it long ago but you keep insisting and not providing anything to back it up, you have Pro installed and activated via kms, good for you but the retail I have just downloaded (en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804) does not accept kms [gvlk] keys to install nor when its installed as a trial does the kms activator v5 work nor does the Microsoft KMS host pack install to the retail edition, attempting to change keys after install fails also, my guess is (and this is just a hunch) that retail and vl are not the same thing as if they were then the vl stuff would work, every edition of Windows that has been released in vl & retail in the last, well forever, have been different.

16. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #17 Phazor, Jan 18, 2011
    We cant be both right, unless they have made different ISOs with different OS images in the meantime.

And to my knowledge the RTM images have never been changed - ergo i know that i am right because i am using Pro from the Retail with KMS.

Or do you think im making all of this up?

17. thethingy

Sep 7, 2010
    what activator did you use?, seriously the retail just wont take the kms key or work with the kms v5 activator, I'm using the kms keys from {google = "activate windows 7 kms client setup keys"} and the key is according to WAMT V2.0 A GVLK/KMS serial for Professional ending in gpdd4 and it just dont work, the Office KMS host pack just wont install and insists on being used with a vl copy, I know the daz loader will activate it no problem as OEM and I tried the extreme loader that does do vl editions and it fails,,, will have the vl edition in about an hour to compare, you said I could find a default key?, whare would that be?

18. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
  19. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I am certain that their is one ISO we all use and when made into universal pro will be activated via KMS or OEM SLP

There are not two ISO's for pro. I have used regular retail RTM and installed pro and used all KMS and they worked not just Phazors so lets not debate this anymore! :busted_cop: