Leanest fastest Non/ Least interaction stable Win10 ApplyImage + Unattend we can do?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crashnburn, Jul 22, 2016.

1. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Leanest fastest Non/ Least interaction stable Win10 ApplyImage + Unattend we can do?

For each of the following TWEAKS, what parts / configs do you recommend doing.

LEAN - Smaller Install base
    - I read about tools in some of the threads that can help REMOVE parts and components of Win 10.
    - Some way to compact or PREcompact the installation

FAST - Lesser Services running/ Minimal whats needed
    - Pre Disabling Services??

Output: LEAN + FAST Image IMG/WIM.

Next Step..

NON/ LEAST INTERACTIVE
    - Using Unattended/ Autounattend XML Answer file we can pre-provide answers
    (I saw the site that generates Answer file, but what options can/ should I choose? maybe you can create a sample for me?)

Then APPLY IMAGE to Drive

Boot up:
    - Fast
    - Lean
    - Minimal Interaction

Then do the Win 10 Activation & Entitlement from MS.

I need to do this for MANY MACHINES, so need lightest fastest non interactive Template Image & Answer file to start from.

Suggestions?

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    You want it to work right, leave it alone, they spy, you disable things, Services, uninstall apps, they still spy, you have half a OS and they still spy, who's the winner. Leave OS alone in my humble opinion.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    what a joke...he thinks that will make him invisible online:rolleyes:

4. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    It's called Win Se7en Lite, works like a charm, no forced updates, Tweak Everything with no come backs.Really when you think about it, thats all Win 10 is, Se7en with a fancy skin, M$ has the sheeple Programmed.......:worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Zaphain

Zaphain MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2014
    #5 Zaphain, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Look into the MSMG ToolKit to remove components,apps,etc.
    You could use Dism++ to compress an install.wim to a smaller .esd.
    Both programs are available on this forum.

I wouldn't recommend windows 10 for stability yet, though my thoughts on that might change once I give the anniversary update a go. For stability I'd recommend 7 or 8.1.

6. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #6 lobo11, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Do I like spying, no, I simply do not believe that everyone knows what all their tweaks do, disable this service, (Because it said to on some website, It must be from God) what a crock, maybe the tweak works and man are you happy, but what else does the tweak you got from that unimpeachable source do, but wait, you have 10 more of them puppies, man, we're cooking with grease now.
    I read on some website I can delete a bunch of Services, stop the spyware, sounds good so you do it, strike another blow against the man and MS, man, I really feel good now, wait, there's a stop all spyware with this program, It must be the greatest, it says so, so I install it, man this is a dream, it uninstalls apps, turns off more Services, man this puppy is smokin. OK, the spyware, some people do not understand this is image of active partition, that's it, only there's probably close to a thousand of them reporting back to the NSA and MS, so if only one gets through, game over, checkmate. The man above who did all the (Website Tweaks) everything was fine until he tried to check his mail, opps system crashed, but it rebooted, not deterred the man tried to open his mail again, crashed again, but rebooted again, this time he opened, then he remembered he uninstalled
    Cortana and the weather app, finally he decided to run sfc /scannow, he soon found out that was a boo boo, sfc installed dll's for app's he uninstalled, this was really turning out wrong, just then he heard his wife's footsteps, honey are you done with the taxes yet she said, I can't say what he replied, MDL has rules about that. 1 call home is all MS needs, the moral of the story, how much is it going to cost me for H&R Block to do my taxes and what does Windows is not activated mean?.:eek: This may or may not be true, it was meant to be funny, but some have their dander up, sorry.

PS: I believe the easiest way for MS to achieve their shameful spying would be some how to simply make copy of your registry, to gives them access to everything.

7. xDownSetx

xDownSetx MDL Novice

May 13, 2010
    Not once did OP mention spying or disabling telemetry. What are you two even on about?

OP just wants to remove features and services to decrease image size and any performance aspects that may come from it, while having a setup process with zero interaction. Work on that reading comprehension a little.

You have lost your mind.

8. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    #8 crashnburn, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks both of you for point that out. I never mentioned SPYING here.

Just gonna TEMPORARILY use this INSTALL for getting Entitlement for the machine with minimal TIME & SPACE requirement and then letting the machines run 7/ 8.1 etc until we actually decide to UP to Win 10.

I read the initial post of the MSMSG toolkit, I just want to know/ get advise on what parts of it I should enable/ disable for the CURRENT purpose: Getting Win 10 Entitlements ONLY.
    Also leverage benefits of Unattended Answer file
    And do it with smallest possible SIZE / SPACE and MINIMAL TIME as possible. As have to do it on MANY machines.

Yes SIZE and Boot/ Start up Time + Performance (As we all know some Services just SLOW the machine).

9. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Notice who you are replying to...

They are just a couple of fanboy kids that are trying endlessly to scare ever user who try to use a bit more than a single neuron.;)

10. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    ha ha! T-S. Thanks. Do point out stuff if you can :)

11. Zaphain

Zaphain MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2014
    In that case, I think it'd be fine to remove all components and apps with MSMG ToolKit. If you aren't actually going to be using windows 10 yet, then this should work :).