legal activation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by logicwatch, Nov 1, 2016.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi guys

just wondered if there is a legal solution to a issue I am pondering over.
    a colleague of mine upgraded to W10 a few months ago and now wants to revert back to W7 again.
    The laptop originally came installed with W7 its a toshiba satellite L350-362
    I have the neccessary W7 SP1 discs to do the install however the COA sticker has faded on the base of the laptop and I cannot read the key.
    Is there any other method to licence legally instead of having to use daz loader.
    Is there any database showing coa keys for specific laptop models available or generic toshiba w7 key I could use to activate this legally ?
    thanks in advance:rolleyes:

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You could use DAZ loader, it should install the correct and legit certs and key. On a next reinstall you can use the Multi_OEM/RETAIL project oem folder to get activated.

3. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    Thanks for your quick reply Enthousiast
    But if I use Daz loader I thought it would then not be a legal installation ?

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Never tested it before because i always use the oem folder of the Multi_OEM/Retail project but it should work with daz loader, i believe i saw Tito mentioning it a few days ago.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    its same as using slmgr.vbs /ipk OEM GENERIC KEYGOESHERE
    slmgr.vbs /ilc c:\certificate. (thats in the oem windows disks of hp, dell, toshiba that daz loader has)

but since daz loader sees slic 2.1 from bios TOSCPL 2.1 then it doesnt use the bootloader just the cert and key being legit offline OEM windows 7 activation

dont forget to install the toshiba drivers for value added package aka TVALZ (for hotkeys like Fn functions) and its requirements first.

6. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    ok
    so the bootloader is not actually used because it understands the bios is slic 2.1
    and the cert and key added will be correct for this model making it genuine ?
    so I can just run the loader
    thats great many thanks LatinMcG for your explanation its useful to know this as very often the coa labels are damaged or faded !!
    ;)

7. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    Just wondered if there was anyway you can see if the bootloader was actually applied or not when you run the Daz Loader ?

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Well, according to Microsoft, "Legal" = "Buy a license". If key is completely, 100%, non recoverable, and if you're deferring to Microsoft's definition, this is your only choice. If you choose to use some other definition of "legal", then you can do pretty much anything you want to do and still feel legal.

9. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi Phasedoubt
    Being unable to read the coa I just wanted to reinstall windows 7 again and ensure that it does not come up as non genuine but did not want to use a bootloader to bypass legitimate activation ;)

10. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Gotcha ... an alternate definition of "legal". Works for me.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The "license" on an win 7 OEM:slp system exists in the bios slic table, the coa sticker only is the installation key, not the activation key.

All win 7 editions (except enterprise) will be officially and genuinely activated on that system when the correct certs are applied.

12. serendipityguy

serendipityguy MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    Where is the Multi_OEM/RETAIL project oem folder to get activated? is this something that needs to be downloaded? :worthy:

13. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    If the certificate and serial were successfully installed and you were activated without rebooting then the bootloader hasn't been installed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi Daz

Thats exactly what happened so guess I have my answer !
    many thanks and regards
    ;)