Legit LTSC licenses being sold?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by adrian2055, Apr 1, 2021.

1. adrian2055

adrian2055 MDL Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I see that websites like g2a.com and cdw are selling Windows 10 LTSC licenses for under $100. I'm wondering if it's legit and will the license work for my laptop. I know that I will eventually have to move to 10 (will have no choice) and the LTSC version seems like the only semi somewhat kinda stable version of Windows 10 that doesn't cram updates down your throat all the time. Would this be the way to go?

2. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    #2 d5aqoëp, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Don't go for it. Not only will you waste your money, but also the license won't be valid. LTSC can be HWID activated now with scripts like massgravel. It is also a 3 yr old operating system which is missing many recent improvements. Your best bet is to install latest Windows 10 Pro. There is nothing wrong with plain Windows 10 Pro. I can give you powershell script to uninstall most bloatware apps or you can even use Ccleaner free version to uninstall those apps.

Just because your Windows got activated with a legit key does not mean you are in the clear. If MS bullies visit your office, they ask for proof of purchase and the receipt must be either from MS themselves or from list of their authorized resellers. Anything else, it's piracy.

If using LTSC in home setting, no one will bother you. But in office environment, be careful about licenses.

3. AndyMutz

AndyMutz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2011
    sites like that are not selling Windows licenses, they are selling Windows keys and just because you have a key that works, does not mean that you have a legal license.

buying those keys does not make much sense, because those are MAK keys, which can be activated a couple of hundred times and therefore those keys are being sold to multiple users.
    most likely the key will work fine when you buy it, but later on, you will not be able to reactivate your Windows with it anymore.
    if you do not need the latest and greatest, LTSC is perfectly fine to use (I myself use LTSC on most of my machines) but you really should just use HWID or KMS activation and not pay these "key-scammers".

BTW, you can monitor such MAK keys in the Microsoft VAMT tool yourself, there you can see how many activations are left and you will notice that for the keys bought from sites like that, the remaining activations are decreasing daily, even if you do not use the key at all.

-andy-