Legit Windows not genuine anymore :(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SirLoseALot, Jun 4, 2010.

1. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Hey everyone,

about 3 months ago I bought a legit Win7 key from the web.
    Windows activated fine and passed every WGA test, online, offline, you name it.
    Today, after coming home and having had the pc idle for a few hours, it all of a sudden shows as not genuine. It also doesn't pass the online test. What could have happened and how might I solve this - expect by modding my bios and being done with it..?

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The person you bought it off didn't give you a single key, he resold the key to multiple people for the same price and now it's got blocked. Solutions would be to buy some form of an MS account that then gives you access to a Windows 7 serial, use a loader, modify your BIOS or rearm your system over and over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Ah, so... I got scammed.
    That's just peachy.

Thanks for clearing this up, anyways. I'm sure the guy made a some good money.
    Guess I'll start looking for the correct Bios mod. Not gonna pay twice.

4. Notam

Notam MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is there any way to check the key is valid or not without installing the key

5. computergeek

computergeek MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Yeah dude you got scammed. I recommend doing a bios mod, use removewat, use deathwat, or rearm

6. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Why not Daz's loader? It's one of the most if not the most effective way of activating to date!

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Don't forget ODIN also...lol

8. IND

IND MDL Member

Jul 25, 2009

nope u r not scammed .
    the entire msdn admin account was banned .due to that u r facing this probs .

9. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Oh, of course he is. He won't get his money back, so..

10. Notam

Notam MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    My MSDN keys also got blacklisted.

11. Notam

Notam MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    From MSDN account

12. grahamjohnson10

grahamjohnson10 MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I have a big problem, I have run removeWAT and also disabled windows updates but today the dreaded KB971033 has managed to install it's self again.

My question is how do I stop KB971033 installing. OBTW I have tried hiding it but it has still installed, seems MS are updating some updates even though you have windows updates disabled.

13. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Sounds like the guy who sold the key didn't know this would happen.
    While that won't get me my money back, it's still good to know.
    Anyways, I went ahead and bought a new key - from a source that *should* be trustworthy. I wouldn't be too surprised it it didn't last forever, but I don't believe in using loaders. Seems like one always runs into trouble with updates at some point. I just built my pc from scratch ~3 month ago and made sure to get a decent mainboard - I'd hate to brick it if anything went wrong with the hard mod. I'll still probably try the mod if (when) I run into trouble with my new cheap-o key.

14. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    I payed with paypal.
    However, I believe that their buyers protection only covers 45 days, so it's probably too late to do anything about it.

15. redbone110

redbone110 MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    thanks for the information here. a friend of mine has a similar issue and I will give him ideas here.
    cheers

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #17 sam3971, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    I have to agree with IND here. You most likely did not get scammed. Just M$ blacklisting every key they can think of because they are douchbags. I have even talked to ppl that bought copies from retail stores but still got their key blacklisted. You may be able to get your money back but it is hard to say. I know over at win7vista.com the main admin was selling retail keys from his MSDN to members and even those keys were blacklisted, he was able to get them a new key or their money back but still. M$ are a bunch of DOUCHBAGS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Worldwide2010

Worldwide2010 MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2010
    Only buy off people who dont resell keys, and yeah MSDN is s**te now lol

18. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Sounds like I should have known about that place.

Great move on Microsoft's part. Let's piss of the users who were actually willing to pay some money for their product. No way they are going to say "f*ck it" and go with one of the free ways to get the OS going.

If only I wasn't such a huge gamer...

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well personally no harm meant but h*ll mend those who even think about buying keys from someone with MSDN or Technet account. It obviously shows they are not trustworthy when they sell keys, say $10 or £10 a pop on ebay don't take them long to get there money for another account and you all end up with blacklisted keys.