Lenov y580 bios fail

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by horcsab, Jan 10, 2016.

1. horcsab

horcsab MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2016
    #1 horcsab, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Please, help me!

I have a Lenovo Y580 laptop. I updated (modified) the BIOS by right of described here.

I have a backup about BIOS that I made with "fpt" program when my computer worked fine (it is about 4 Mb sized).

I tried to restore the original BIOS but it was a failure.

The laptop started with button Fn+B (the screen was dark), it beeped for 2 minutes than the fan rotated in maximum speed 2 hours long.

Than I shut down my laptop. After this I tried to switch on but it didn't start.

At the moment it doesn't respond to the Fn+B+POWER ON either. The fan doesn't rotate either, it doesn't show any sign of life.
    I downloaded the BIOS from the official website of Lenovo to my laptop, after the modified BIOS didn't work.

I copied the QIWY3207.ROM file (6422528byte) to a 1Gb (FAT) pendrive. I uploaded this file from this pendrive that I plugged in the USB port of the right side of my laptop.

I made this upload with buttons Fn+B+POWER ON.

How can I reload the old (original) BIOS?

I have the SPI EEPROM programmer, so if it needs to desolder and to program it's not a problem for me. I only need to know how I upload the BIOS file into the 2 qty (W25Q32 és W25Q16) EEPROM. I think of the partition of memory area.

Thank's!