[Lenovo B570e] W7 Ult x64 uEFI+GPT, clarity about activation methods

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FLACogg, Jun 30, 2013.

1. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    Hi all!

I own a Lenovo B570e that has a lot of problems speaking of uEFI Firmware:
    _Setting DVD the 1st boot-device from within the setup (pressing F2 at boot) and then Save & Exit, Windows Installation DVD boots into uEFI mode.
    _Choosing the DVD in the boot menu (pressing F12 at boot) Windows Installation DVD boots into BIOS mode.
    _Booting with USB is possible only when setting in setup Legacy USB [Enabled] and then Windows Installation starts in BIOS mode.
    _When installing OSes sometimes the F2 and F12 keys stop working= I cannot anymore to have access on Setup neither choose Boot Device! No way!!! :mad:
    What the hell the guys at Lenovo mess up? Are they kidding us?! What's wrong with this firmware???
    The "fun" thing is that there is no uEFI update for my laptop, I need to use the one for the B570, and I have B570e...

Btw, I apologize in advance, but after reading a lot of posts here about activating (Loaders, KMS, SLiC, SLP Marker... ???) Windows 7 x64 on uEFI with HDD in GPT, my brain exploded: I'm a big n00b with such theese things and the new world of uEFI scares me a lot, 'cause I don't know how to move inside this jungle. :unsure:
    There are too much methods/infos about activation and I don't fully understand them, also I have a lot of confusion in my head.

So, please, is there anyone so kind to tell me what is the most easiest and least invasive/painful method to activate Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a Lenovo with uEFI and GPT partitioned HDD? :worthy:
    Thanks
    :hug2:

Were so beautiful times when installing Windows in BIOS mode on an MBR HDD: 7Loader by Daz and everything was fine. So easy, so simple, so fast.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    Thank you for response, you're so faaast mate! ;)
    So... Ehm... What should I do with that rar? Can you please explain what is this with easy words for n00b?
    Thanks

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    After downloading the rar file, open it to see the included readme.

5. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    Ok, basically I need to install that thing in DOS mode with an USB pen created ad hoc to boot into DOS mode.
    But, what is that thing?
    The laptop only recognize USB boot devices if I set in setup Legacy USB [Enabled], should I go with this option?

6. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    I cannot get the USB bootable in DOS mode, since the HP format tool can't format none of my USB pens...

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    Ok, thanks!
    Just updated SLiC, in DOS mode: SETMARKER.bat told me "Succesful".
    Windows is not still activated... Ehm... Am I missing something? :wassat:

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. FLACogg

FLACogg MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2013
    Solved mate, thanks! :cheers: :SmallAwesomeSmiley: