Lenovo B590 Bios battery mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jinkazama75, Jul 15, 2020.

1. jinkazama75

jinkazama75 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2014
    Hi, i need a modded bios to use a compatible battery for Lenovo B590.
    I've seen there was some unlocked firmware some time ago but it's no more available to download.
    Someone can help me?
    Thank you

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm pretty sure you'll get help if you can make it clear to us what it is you really want, because any BIOS works with any BIOS or CMOS battery.
    Please explain what this sentence means and what you really want or for what You're looking for. Also if possible, tell which link doesn't work no more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Clear, now I finally understand your problem.
    I heard about it for the first time, although I also have one Lenovo T520 here and may soon need a battery upgrade.
    No good solution has been found at the moment, but it certainly exists. I'll look into it further. One is clear, it's not related to BIOS, there is something else, looks like some kind of controller, related to Lenovo firmware. It should be possible to ignorire , but at the moment don't know how.
    I'll study, I'm personally also interested about it.