Lenovo bootres.dll

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dsoffers, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dsoffers

dsoffers MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    I have an "old" (6 months) Lenovo Thinkpad Edge that I would like to upgrade to Windows 8, but I also would like the Lenovo bootlogo. It seems to be impossible so far to manually change the logo, but if someone were to able their bootres.dll from an original Windows 8 Lenovo device, would it display the logo if I overwrite it on my installation?

I'd love to try but I haven't managed to find the file yet. Can someone upload it please?

2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Do I understand you right that you're Win7 machine (6 monts old - therefore i guess it is W7) has a custom bootres?
    If you're running W8 already the bootlogo will be keept as it's in some UEFI Background table.

If W7 please upload your bootres.dll

3. dsoffers

dsoffers MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    It was shipped with and currently still runs Windows 7 with the default Win7 bootlogo. I'm not sure if mine has a custom bootres, probably not. I'd like to see the Lenovo bootlogo after installing Win8 but I doubt that I'll get it 'by default'.

Apparently it's possible to change the bootlogo to the old (developer preview) Fish logo by overwriting the bootres.dll, so I hope that I can somehow get my hands on the Lenovo bootres.dll to try and get the Lenovo logo while Windows is booting.