Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Whitelist & Windows 7 SLIC Bios Mod

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CryptoCombat, Nov 18, 2013.

1. CryptoCombat

CryptoCombat MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2013
    #1 CryptoCombat, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Good afternoon gentlemen,
    I have been working on getting a windows 7 activation for my Y500 for a few days now. It came with windows 8 (lol) but that doesn't really work for me. I need the UEFI boot mode for the dual boot setup I am running, so Daz's loader was unfortunately out of the question. After playing with WINDslic for a while I saw that was not the way to go either. I finally settled on modding my bios and inserting the SLIC table. I already had a modded bios flashed which enabled my Atheros wifi card which is blocked by the bulls**t whitelisting that Lenovo likes to do. This limited the ways I could add the SLIC (if you don't understand why, just ignore it. far too long to explain.) I was able to inject a SLIC while booted into windows using RWeverything, but the bios flashing I was doing simply WOULD NOT write to the SLIC section of the ACPI table. After digging through MDL stuff, I found the marker set tools, and after long and agonizing hours of constant rebooting...I present to you all the ultimate Lenovo Y500 bios flash toolchain.

This will upgrade your bios to 2.04 (which fixes SLI issues), remove the hardware whitelist, and inject my SLIC2.1 all in one shot. Just make a bootable flash drive with the included tool, copy over the files from the contents folder, and reboot. Type in "GO.BAT" and watch the magic.

ONLY FOR LENOVO Y500.
    This has the added ability to turn a $2,000 laptop into a paperweight. If you try to use this with anything other than a Y500, you will achieve that.

Works on MBR and UEFI systems.

Get it here:
    copy.com/U31saSGSVjZp

Credits:
    svl7 @ techinferno for prr2 and tool used to remove whitelist
    andyp @ MDL for phoenixtool
    whoever wrote fpt
    whoever wrote MARKER

Sorry about the broken link. MDL wont let me upload the zip as an attachment or post a link. Sigh.

2. Denco

Denco MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2013
    #2 Denco, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    This sound likes it might be a good solution for me. I just hope I don't "Brick" the Lenovo Y500 I plan to do it on.

It might just be a solution to the problems that I posted in The Hardware section of this forum.

3. prabbie

prabbie MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2012
    #3 prabbie, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    @CryptoCombat - If I flash my Y500 with your bios, will this have your hard coded Windows 8 key in my Y500? I've taken a look at GO.BAT and if I omit flashing WIFISLIC.BIN - as I believe this is your modified bios, and instead flash my modified bios, then allow the GO.BAT to run MARKER.EXE /CLRMARK and MARKER.EXE /SETMARK=SLP2MARK.BIN, will this then have the effect of integrating Slic2.1 in my modded 2.04 bios?

Kudos to you for the work you've done.

4. test007test

test007test MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    Does the modded Bios version has more power options than the offical Bios?
    I would like to use automatic boot, if the ac-adapter is pluged in.
    Is this possible with the 2.04 mod ?

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No it does not.

6. srtboy

srtboy MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    I have successful flashed my Y500 with this bios. Thank you for creating this process. Now just need to buy the new wifi card and see if it works.

7. heikoflat

heikoflat MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2015
    Hello, tell me maybe you have this file or the tool yet to flash the BIOS from the Lenovo Y500?

8. markinfo

markinfo MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2016
    modded BIOS for LENOVO Y500

Hi. Has anybody modded BIOS for LENOVO Y500 ? I need slick 2.1 for Windows 7.

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    should just be oem bios already slic i think.. or SLP marker tool. bios v2.04 ?

10. markinfo

markinfo MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2016
    I tried Windslic but after turning on, it displays only Lenovo logo and stops. Originally was distributed Window 8 on this notebook. What is doing SLP marker tool ?

11. markinfo

markinfo MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2016
    modded BIOS for LENOVO Y500

Thanks. I have added slic table with "SLP marker tool" and then licensed Windows with Microsoft Toolkit.

12. 3axapuo

3axapuo MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2017
    Hi! You can send the link to download ? Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y500. BIOS version: 6BCN44WW (2.04)

13. markinfo

markinfo MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2016
    I do not have this notebook anymore. But it was not too complicated. Just use "SLP marker tool".