Lenovo Ideapad Y580 (2099) 64bit Win 10.. Needing Bios Update help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Pierre1979, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pierre1979

Pierre1979 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2019
    #1 Pierre1979, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Hi guys...i am not that pro in the software but find the info very helpfull.ON HERE........I am strugling getting the rite Bios and flashing tool for my Lenovo Ideapad Y580 (2099)has a complete locked Bios and maybe can just set time and booting order and i am on windows 10 and Bios on 2.07 and having trouble with Wifi and erhernet not having the rite IP Idress and only works if i shutdown and restarts again, my usb3.0 port also not working. Cant do Lenovo system update with the system update because stating i am missing software, or one key recover also not working.So hope the bios will work and work without bricking it or something...The Bios file Lenovo support give on the site was able to download it and its the same version what i am Running v2.07. But say cant install a smaller version. Ok hope and know u guys will sort me out and sorry for my first post to be so long....Thanx...

2. Pierre1979

Pierre1979 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2019
    Hi there thanks for your time and trying to help me......That is the same Bios version i also have installed and if i trying to install it it just say its not a newer version and then finish...i would like to have a open Bios to fix all the problems im having....And this Bios V2.o7 is so locked and want to have it unlocked. whem i read all the post and thinhs i c they already installing V8 and V8.1 but modded and i am still on V2.07.
    And know i dont know how to mod..
    Thenk u...coleoptere2007