Lenovo Key Blacklisted - dont use WU.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tazman137, Aug 4, 2009.

1. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Just installed Win7 RTM on my last PC, laptop. Ran the 7lo*der, activated. Ran the updates, rebooted - at some point the PC must've hit Windows Update before I got to disable it. Removed the 7lo*der activation and now it's showing 30 days. Cannot get the act*vator to work now. Look like the Lenovo key is blacklisted. Don't hit Windows Update!!!

BTW I just used all the same stuff to install on 3 other PCs over the last few days, none of those had an issue WU is already disabled on all of them, all are activated using same copy and same 7lo*der. ..and its definitely the RTM as the MD5 matches MS copies on technet.

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 Michel, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Read quotes down, people are quoting me to fast :D

3. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Just used it 10 sec ago it is working

4. Tlinux

Tlinux MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    "Lenovo Key Blacklisted - dont use WU. "

Again ?

5. tazman137

Jul 17, 2009
    Your using a bios mod. Not the activator with the Lenovo key.

6. tazman137

Jul 17, 2009

well I had no problems with the other machines and had WU enabled on those till last night. Seems like this just happened.

7. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Just used WU, reported that no more updates were available, and nothing happened to my activation status. =S

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I modded my bios :D

9. Bagheera

Bagheera MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Okay i just installed one of mine other boxes and sure i didn't run any activators.... 30 days is not too bad to UPDATE all your microsoft (office) stuff and THEN run loader(s).. :). (after disabling WU.....)

just a matter of sequence...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. maorosh

maorosh MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009

i use host fix & i download update's & all work great
    it's work great on VLK of WINDOWS XP PRO, before 7 i used VL WINDOWS with VL key that got blacklist offcourse i used hosts fix & oops it's not blaklist anymore

11. tazman137

Jul 17, 2009
    I'm just saying I did this on 3 other PCs without a problem (even had WU on!), this one was activated until it grabbed updates from WU.

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #12 HotCarl, Aug 4, 2009
    Well, if it didn't happen yet, it will happen in the future. The key will eventually be "blacklisted"...it is just a matter of time. I don't think that it will deactivate you though, just tell you that your copy of Windows 7 may not be genuine, but it will stay activated (I think). I just want my copy to stay genuine though, so I think I will hold off on using Windows Update until retail comes around... In all likelihood there will be very few updates until we get closer and closer to the retail release date (Oct. 22nd), so it should not be a big deal. I installed the Win7 updates released by ZUKO just to see what would happen. Not much is the answer...mostly version updates and a few core updates (which were cool with me), so I'll just keep using what I got until I can't anymore...then reinstall. If newer Windows Updates interfere with the ZUKO ones, I'll probably just reinstall the OS... By then hopefully my retail copy will have arrived in the mail... :D

13. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    #13 PrEzi, Aug 4, 2009
    the MOST interesting part is - that I didn't activate, didn't use any lo@ders - just wanted to use rearm till a good SLP key is out.
    And say what - After I have changed some bios settings (before installing the RTM I've had already modded and flashed my bios to HP SLIC 2.1)
    BAM ! I recieved an 'not genuine' warning.
    I assume that either MS enabled the non-genuine warnings for all systems running un-activated Win7 (like me) and enabled the non-genuine warning for all using the Lenovo (blacklisted) key.

The blacklisting is probably region-dependant (as it was in all the XP/Vista WGA rollouts) that's why some of you using WU hasn't received it yet.

I don't fear the WGA nags, since I can work normally, and as soon as an unblacklistable (read - used in the thousands of already shipped machines) SLP key will surface I will activate ;)

14. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    I have used it for several days and have updates as of today and no problems yet..

People need to quit fretting over something as insignificance as a Blacklisted OEM Key.

There will be other OEM keys and I doubt MS is going to blacklist them just like they did not blacklist Vista OEM Keys.

15. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yup, we only have to wait till 22 october or later.....leaked keys are useless because they can be banned before release date :(

16. oxygen

oxygen MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2008
    if you think it's "blacklisted" it's because of the lo*der.
    If you got a modded BIOS you won't find that problem....yet , i don't ;)

17. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    I think that now at the time of writing this (05.08.2009) there are already several hundreds of computers that are preinstalled with Win7 and prepared to be shipped.
    So if a SLP key will leak now it won't be possible for MS to blacklist it anymore (else - all those machines would be not genuine too).

The Lenovo key just leaked a few days too early (when big OEM vendors haven't preinstalled it of hundreds of machines) :(

18. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Nope, I disagree.
    I didn't ever used any lo@ders always modded my bioses.
    Read my earlier reply a few post above.
    When using rearm it gets blacklisted (well - not exactly 'blacklisted' but 'not genuine' message pops up).

19. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    this key is not blacklisted stop spreading FUD. I just updated from WU and did a rearm after using slmgr.vbs -upk and it didn't do anything.

I'm getting sick of people saying this key is blacklisted when it is not.

20. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    I'm not spreading FUD. I didn't activated Win7 at all (used 1 rearm now),
    and I get the not activated/genuine nags every time I log in.
    Maybe it's normal, anyway - doesn't stop me from waiting for a new SLP key to activate since I already have SLIC 2.1.