Lenovo: Recreate OEM paritions for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cocooningweb, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Cocooningweb

Cocooningweb MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Hi all:

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 for which I upgraded the BIOS to include the SLIC2.1 table. Everything works as it should, Windows 7 Home Premium is activated and with the OEM source folder, it looks OEM. My question is actually in two parts.

First, I'd like to push my obsession a little bit further. What I'd like to do is recreate the partition table as if it were a true OEM.

I created the following partitions, which I think are correct (these are basically my diskpart commands):

- Partition 1: primary, id=27, label=RECOVERY, size=12000
    - Partition 2: primary, active, id=27, label=SERVICE003, size=300
    - Partition 3: primary, label=SW_Preload

If you have any Lenovo that came with Windows 7, can you please confirm that this is ok or correct what should be changed.

----

Second, I'd like to recreate the content of the RECOVERY partition and this is where I don't know what I need.

I did two images using ImageX. One for the boot partition (Sdrivebakcup.wim) and one for the Windows partition (Cdrivebackup.wim) - I thinkn I got the names right. These two files are on the RECOVERY partition in the FactoryRecovery folder.

As it is now, when I try to recover with R&R it tells me that my factory image has been deleted. So I'm wondering what am I missing in the recovery partition. Maybe I'm missing tools, .INI files or something. I have no clue.

Could any of you who have access to a Lenovo recovery partition for Windows 7 give me some guidance?

Thanks !

2. djjonastybe

djjonastybe MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    Maybe the partition has to be logical instead of primary? I am not sure. I don't know anything about it. So don't take my words for it

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You could always use anarethos recoverytool if you want if this woudnt work out.

4. Cocooningweb

Cocooningweb MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I wanted to replicate OEM as much as possible.

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Thats exactly what it does:)
    Using Imagex..

6. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Although my tools is not the one used by IBM, it will offer same fonctionnality, cans be customized (custom partition layout, etc) and can help you create a DVD/USB restore media.

Thanks for the pub, TCNTAD :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Yea no problem :p