Lenovo T600 Windows 7 Recovery

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jvelo7892, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Jvelo7892

Jvelo7892 MDL Junior Member

Jan 2, 2009
    #1 Jvelo7892, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Hey guys.

a friend of mine has a Lenovo T400, and has two Windows 7 Business recovery disks. it uses the rescue and recovery software to back the OS and factory settings/software from an image.

However, during the backup, it asks for a supplemental recovery cd which we dont have. so we clicked cancel, and seven seemed to install. so now, it boots in to seven, logs in to it's admin user account, and i get a normal looking command prompt window (this is the usual for a lenovo backup) so we wait a while and it reboots, then does the same exact thing, reboots and gets stuck in an endless loop. so i guess we did need the supplemental disk.

anyone know where we could get one?

so i decided to close the cmd, and firstrun menu, and it said something, something, please reinstall windows. i restarted once again, and it doesnt bother with the cmd or firstrun, and comes up with the error sound and "windows needs to be reinstalled". so i opened the task manager, shut down explorer.exe, then reloaded it, and it loads as it should, with a taskbar, all drivers installed, and ready to go. but the "reinstall windows" dialogue will not go away, and if i click ok or close it, it restarts.

so does anyone know how to fix this, or tell me where to get a supplemental disk?

would sysprep do anything?

Thanks!

2. oldude

oldude MDL Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jvelo7892

Jvelo7892 MDL Junior Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I'm not sure if 7 works like xp but.. would I need a key to install with, or is it like a preset key from Lenovo, as long as i have the correct bios?

and thank you for the link by the way