Lenovo USB Recovery

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Sessiz, May 26, 2020.

1. Sessiz

Sessiz MDL Novice

May 25, 2020
    I accidentally deleted the OKR Recovery partition on my lenovo ideapad 500s laptop. I bought USB Recovery from Lenovo service. When I install Recovery via USB, windows 10 is installing the old version. The USB install.wim file is encrypted. How can I add new version Windows to USB, please help.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Simply download the latest Windows 10 version!

Now there 2 ways to 'Upgrade': 1. create a bootable USB Flashdrive (with Rufus or whatsoever you like to use), restart and boot from the USB Flashdrive and do a Clean Install of Windows 10, or from within the already running 'old' Windows 10, open the File Explorer, go to the download of your Windows 10 ISO, Right-click on that ISO and select Mount, which will start a temporary virtual DVD, go to that virtual DVD and click on Setup for to start the Upgrade of the existing 'old' running Windows 10! Been asked for a Product Key just select that yo0u did not have one and carry on with the upgrade process. That's it and after some time the latest Windows 10 should be up and running!

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...