Lenovo V15 G2 ALC flash OA3 key error

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kwark5, Feb 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. kwark5

kwark5 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    I try to change the oa3 key in the bios but I get the following message (i try under Windows, WinPE,EFI :

winflash64 -slp oa3.bin -patch

Phoenix SCT Flash for Windows V4.62.0.0, Build 220617
    Copyright (c) 2011-2022 Phoenix Technologies.

The tool will start flashing in 5 seconds, press ESC to abort.
    SecureFlash BIOS detected.
    Initialize Flash module.
    Read current BIOS.
    Read current BIOS completely.
    Process SLP options
    OA3 already injected in this BIOS.

ERROR 209 - Failed on executing SLP command! Status = 15.

In a notebook that does not have a factory key, the oa3.bin file with the key is implemented correctly. Does SCT flash for Phoenix have a command to remove the OA3 key? The notebook is a Lenovo V15 G2 ALC

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Where did you get the oa3.bin file from? It needs to be a new unused oa3 key. After you inject it, you need to use oa3tool to submit a hardware report to ms so it's logged on there server.
    Why do you even need to change the key?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
  4. kwark5

kwark5 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    In the absence of the msdm table, it looks like this. I download the key from the server, upload it to the bios, verify the correctness of the table and the key and send a feedback report. But I have keys that I need to revoke. They are already revoked on the MS server, but I cannot remove the key once uploaded (on older versions of lenovo V15 it worked)

5. kwark5

kwark5 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    I pulled the evs from the clean bios from the Lenovo website and uploaded it to the notebook but it had no effect. The MSDM array with the key still shows up. The null.bin file is from older generations and cannot be uploaded. I don't have documentation for the Phoenix firmware, so I don't know if the EVSA file is structured correctly. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to try them.

6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I'm not familiar with Lenovo/Phoenix SCT Flash. There should be a command to perform a full flash, wiping all tables/info.
    You would probably need to repopulate uuid, serial, etc.
    You should be able to get support from Lenovo...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. POM5746

POM5746 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2024