LG S510 Bios problem and batery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by pereira68, Sep 13, 2010.

1. pereira68

pereira68 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    Hi everybody

I need some help about my notebook, i have a LG S510 and i have problems with my batery ( should be replace ). This problem apears after installing windows 7 ultimate should i change the batery or is a problem of BIOS or Windows ?

Where should i found the upgrade of the BIOS for my notebook ?

Awaiting for reply.

Best regards

Aureliano Pereira

2. pereira68

pereira68 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    Good afternoon

This is the message that i have : I have been receiving an error message saying "Consider replacing your battery" "There is a problem with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly". and don't charge.
    Strange that i try to take off the batery and put again and the icon of the batery tell me that i have the batery charge but i take off the cable and the computer shutdown.

I don't know what to do, i already install the LG S510 Bios EMRDSF11 but for the other one i do everything describe to burn the image and when i try to install the EMRDSF14 have error writing the AUX.

What should i do ?

Best regards

Aureliano Pereira

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    If your laptop is a couple of years old, then you really should replace the battery...batteries don't last forever. I have similar problems with a batch of Dell batteries at work. At least the Dell laptops detect that the battery isn't charging versus lying about charge level.

For the EMRDSF14 BIOS, did you try the bootable CD ISO image?

4. pereira68

pereira68 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for your answer.

Yes i try the bootable CD ISO Image, they start well and after stop and tell that "error writing the AUX "

Please help me

Regards

A. Pereira

5. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  6. truefalse

truefalse MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2010
    Hey pereira68,

I have the same damn problem on my LG S510 after installing Windows 7. But this is quite a common issue (not only for LG laptops), there's a thread at official Microsoft forums (google for "Windows 7 and the battery error "consider replacing your battery" technet") with 10 parts and thousands of messages. But no solution so far!

In fact, your options are: 1) Buy a new battery. 2) Find a guy/firm who will flash new battery firmware (and change the battery elements if necessary). I'm going for 2) tomorrow, have already found a guy :biggrin:

There's also a facebook group concerning this issue.

Actually, now I have a question for you: :biggrin:

I have a little (but VERY annoying) problem: the fan spins even, but howls 3 times PRECISELY EVERY 65 SECONDS: "whew-whew-whew" and even again. It looks as if it is making some kind of blowing off: increases the fan speed for a fraction of second. This happens in all the 3 fan modes (silent/normal/cool), both in Windows and in BIOS. I have tried everything: cleaned the fan, changed the thermal paste, reset the BIOS settings, updated BIOS (twice) - no change...

Do you experience this? I didn't have this for a few first months, but now :mad: :mad::mad:

P.S. By the way, the BIOS updates did not fix the battery.

7. pereira68

pereira68 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2010
    Hi

Thanks for your reply

About the fan i this problem but not often. Maybe is because is too hot i have a fan down my notebook like that don't come hot.

As soon you resolve your baterry problem tell me to see if i do the same.

Please

Best regards

A. Pereira