LG S510-Series Battery Problem Windows 7

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Eraxon, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Eraxon

Eraxon MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2011
    Hello there,

I'm using an LG S510-X.CBCHG which was actually made for Windows Vista, after upgrading to windows 7 I got (as a lot of other LG-Users) the message "Please consider replacing your battery". Well the battery was completely fine when upgrading so I figured this couldn't be the problem. But the runtime got veeeery low after the upgrade and after all it killed my battery (meaning, without external power I can't switch it on at all)

Now why I'm here, it is confirmed (support(.)microsoft(.)com/kb/981200/en-us ) this is a BIOS-problem and as you can see LG did release Updates to fix it, but unfortunately only for the R405, R500 and P300 series. So what I was wondering, is there a way to mod the BIOS from the S510-series and give it the same changes as for those?

My thought would have been to maybe compare the latest version of the R405 with the previous and make those changes to the BIOS-file of the S510? Or am I totally off with my thinking here?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Oh and on another matter, I'm thinking about replacing my Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 with a T9400 (which was in the S510-X.CBCEG, so the same series), should this work?

Regards,
    Eraxon

BIOS Type: Phoenix BIOS

Current BIOS, Latest and previous R405 BIOS and RWE-Report:
    www(.)mediafire(.)com/?qbzqm5t7ykzptdu

If there are any further informations or files needed, please ask.