Lg xenon (gr500) unlock - tutorial

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by vladxed666, Nov 25, 2009.

1. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    184 views.... no replies or comments?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. don-victor

don-victor MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    Lg gr 500

My Setool box has the model GR 500, can use it ? instead the other model ?

Thanks

4. orione

orione MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Hallo,
    why when I start Setool It comes outside a splash screen that say :" Card Error" and when I push "OK" setool close itself. This problem happens with all versions of Setool. Someone do know this problem and its resolutions?
    Thank you very much,
    best regards and Happy New Year to all!!
    Bruno from Italy

P:S: sorry for my bad english

5. awalker1107

awalker1107 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Great guide, thanks!

6. bbacle

bbacle MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2010
    LG Xenon GR500

I am having the same issues. When I open SeTools it tells me that I have a card error. I click OK and the program closes.
    I am hooked to my cellphone via a USB cable.
    Any help??

By the way, where do you download the version of SeTools that you are talking about?

7. web2k11

web2k11 MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2011
    Unlocking LG Xenon (GR500)

@vladxed666 where did you get the SeTool2? plss tell me where can i download that..

8. Davidlgx

Davidlgx MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    #8 Davidlgx, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Hello vladxed666,

I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to the LG Xenon GR500.

A little background on my situation:
    The cel provider I'm using requires an At&t phone as they use them as a transmission carrier but my provider does not provide any kind of OS as At&t did and was installed on the phone.

When I got my LG new I deleted all the At&T software that was on it as I couldn't use it.
    Now that I want to UnLock my phone as you describe here am going to be able to install an OS on it such as Windows 7, without too much difficulty?

I also wanted to inquire if I should remove the 4Gig SD card before performing the unlocking proceedure?

Your help is appreciated.

David

9. Davidlgx

Davidlgx MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    UnLocking question and no reply either?

Say Web2k11,
    Is anyone around on this LG Forum any more? :eek:

10. Gysudo

Gysudo MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2011
    Hello vladxed666, I'm really gald I found your post. I need to unlock my LG GR500 which is lock to AT&T.
    I followed your instruction and found few issues and I'd really appreciate if you can help me solve the problem.

1. When I'm holding The Volume Key (UP) + POWER BUTTON, the phone powers up instead of blinking Call button. I press Vol up key first and press power while I holding down Vol up key. After about 3 seconds, the phone powers up which should not happen right? I tried it with/without sim inserted in the phone. If you can give me any sugestions, that will be great!

2. I have donwload SETool v1.1094 from support.setool.net but it give me "setool2 smartcard error". Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Many Thanks in advance. I hope you can give me some direction.

11. znop01

znop01 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2011
    I have the same problem... H:confused:lp

12. agathiyan2015

agathiyan2015 MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2011
    Software Testing Tutorial

Thanks for your nice information.

13. trained

trained MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2013

Using tools to unlock a mobile is quite difficult,it needs expertise in using the tool correctly.I would suggest you an alternative....you can get unlock code to remove the network lock for your mobile.