License Key Not Valid for product

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Freelancer64, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Freelancer64

Freelancer64 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    Recently I turned my Linux quad core server into a win 7 Pro machine, I purchased an OEM copy of Win7 Pro 64 bit from tiger direct and installed it on the machine, when I went to install the key I got a message that says your key is invalid for this product, figuring this is a complete and utter mistake

I choose skip and installed the product, updated everything that needed to be updated, moved all our stuff over including a SQL Instance database that ran from a machine that took a dump (That's what forced all these changes ) Now I go and try to enter the product key once again and of course I get the same message.

Scrolling through help & support forums for the past few days with no help, I even posted a topic on MS's own forum ( how nieve of me ) with no answers.

I'm lost on what to do besides hacking this thing with a boot loader, I want this legal, reinstalling everything is not happening and as far as I'm concerned an unacceptable solution, the key that was provided from the manufacturer should JUST WORK ( I can't go through moving all this data again)a terrabyte and 10 years of data, is there any one here that can help me with this issue?

The irony of all this I've used a bootload numerous times for friends who can't afford MS upgrades and the time I want a machine to be legal and make sure I am, I can't ! MS wonders why so many people love Linux .. right here it is.

Any help will be greatly appriciated :worthy:

2. Freelancer64

Freelancer64 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    Activating it through MS's help desk started this whole endeavor, they wanted a Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool report, which I was happy to submit. this was there response.

Of course mine which then ended the thread..

Thats the problem, when I do, I get the "This product key does not appear to be a valid windows 7 product key" Feel free to see it for yourself.

(Can't post screen shot or link yet, I don't have 20 posts)

Yes I double checked not once, not twice but 3 times and put the thing under a 10x power magnifying glass to ensure I wasn't loosing my eyesight.

I just used the PID checker and the key comes back invalid, this is definiatly a problem on someones end, I just don't want to end up in some perpetual loop of Tiger saying I need to call MS and vise versa.

3. Freelancer64

Freelancer64 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    #3 Freelancer64, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    (OP)
    One of the better tips I've found, TY, however I get an error code and a " The liciencing server determined the licience key XXXX to be invalid, I sent you a pm of the screen, tell me what ya think, something tells me I'll be on the phone a long time tommorow :)

Disregard the pm part, I can't send them yet, I need 5 posts.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Freelancer64

Freelancer64 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    Another excellent tool and again

I see myself on the phone come business hours :p

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. Freelancer64

Freelancer64 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2011
    Actually NO, I feel like idiot at this moment,

//--- The Ultimate PID Checker v1.0.4.1 by janek2012 ---

Product Key:
    Profile: NT 6.1
    Validity: Valid
    Product ID: XXXXX-OEM-9044783-20431
    AdvID: XXXXX-00180-447-820431-02-1033-7601.0000-1532011
    Activation ID: e120e868-3df2-464a-95a0-b52fa5ada4bf
    Edition Type: Professional
    Edition ID: X15-37362
    Key Type: OEM:NONSLP
    EULA: OEM
    Crypto ID: 180
    Benchmark: 43.406 seconds

It took my daughter, who's eye sight is much better than mine to see I mistook a "B" for an 8..

Feel free to close this thread under the solved catagory and giggle at the man with Bi-focals.

This still was a pain in the kuester and they should make key bigger and more legiable.

Thank you everyone for your help, the tools you guys linked me to were and are just awesome.