LimeWire for MAC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Matrix Leader, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    My friend asked me if I could help him, I have never used a MAC so maybe you guys could link me somewhere.

He has Mac v 10.4 the current limewire available tells him that he needs to have a newer version of MAC OS or something like that

kind me link me to an older version of Limewire that would work on his MAC 10.4

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
  3. ashleynathomas

ashleynathomas MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2010
    LimeWire doesn't run well on anything but Windows even though its compatible.Some Limewire users with MAC OSX 10.4 where experienced troubles. Downloaded some files but had to interrupt and quit Limewire. Starting Limewire again it resumed the download but froze after some 20 minutes and only allowed to quit the hard way.Then start the Limewire and performe a new search so hope now may be the old downloads will perform well and no freezes will occur.

4. Oglon3r

Oglon3r MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    nuuuuu dont trust limewire nor frostwire
    try Ares for MAC its fats and easy to install

5. PowerPatrick

PowerPatrick MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    Well, most former Gnutella clients did contain malware. But both LimeWire and FrostWire are open source, so why don't you trust them?