limited number of activations purchased retail windows 8 or 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by vuebrat, Sep 3, 2013.

1. vuebrat

vuebrat MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2013
    I will be watching for an offline activation exe for windows 8.1 ...Is it allowed to discuss that type of thing on this forum or do I need to look somewhere else... It is important to understand why people want that activation crack...I purchased a retail copy of windows .... but I am old..have lots of time...and like experimenting with hardware and software....in doing so I need to do a fresh install a lot...and thank you microsoft my retail key stops working after a while....actual number of uses depends on length of time between activations.

Microsoft is their own worst enemy....and now with the desktop in decline instead of making it more attractive they make it more difficult...go figure

long live the desktop...

:smokecowboy:

2. coolbuddy

coolbuddy MDL Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Why not create a backup image of your system with your system activated using an imaging program?Since you reinstall a lot,wouldn't this be useful?

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    To answer this: All processes regarding activation that manipulate/hack systemfiles are considered as bad HACKTIVATION here, and therefor neither allowed nor wished.

For doing those experiments i recommend using KMS. I know there is no such way atm, but it won´t last long, i optimistically guess.

AND: Using a hacktivated system for testing makes absolutely no sense to me! You cannot expect objective results from such a system. Even if you don´t know what they actually do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    If this is a legit retail key you bought, there is no activation limit, MS may need you to phone activate it, or if they suspect the key is used in non-legit ways, they may block the key, but you can always call them an unblock.

5. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    There is still the phone activation afterwards ...

@FaiKee was faster again ... :eek:

;)

6. vuebrat

vuebrat MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2013
    Thank you for the useful information.....:rolleyes:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Also, if you have to use p[hone activation, which isn't a big deal, and you also needs to real talk to somebody, at all times you could point to that your sysm were infected by Virus, the MB damaged or whatsoever, you set the "border" on your own! There wouldn't any limits of activation using a legal key!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I remember once saw in technet forums, a guy said he had activated 76 times ...... must be some record. LOL :rofl6:

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    A proper and 'legit' offline activation would be to mimic offline activation methods of M$.
    Since there is only SLP2.2 for servers left you are asking for something that is not possible.

This is a fact. And not accepting this fact would lead to a messy unreliable OS with altered files.

Which 'offline' methods are possible?

You either can backup your once legally online activated OS activation files and restore them 'offline'
    You can wait for a new KMS emulator and emulate a (pirated) license 'offline' since the KMS is locally running.
    You can use an OS which needs no online activation at all.

What is the purpose of an exe that would be easily detectable by M$? :rolleyes:

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Quite some years ago I activated Server 2003 Enterprise 15 times on the same day! Just for to test at what point the activation would stop! It didn't! I still; use that same Server 2003 Enterprise today as an Online File Server!

11. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    #11 MrAnalysis, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Maybe he was referring to those patch's that come out when Windows 8 hit. The frankenbuild ones that made the system say it was activated when it was not, and the like bypasser to let you do things like change start screen and stuff.

Anyway the best thing to wait for is KMS activation its the most feasible option for most. Or ask around the net for a WMC upgrade key that someone has used and is no longer using (can phone activate with it).

Altering system files is definitely not the way to go. SLIC table trick like Daz loader no longer works and won't if that is what he was referring to also.

The most amount of times I phone activated the same key is around 8. Works flawless every time. I have even had an old laptop that i used a retail key up on. That same key i used on another machine when the laptop died via phone activation. (Still works today on this other machine).

Just think of all those MAK keys and 8.1 Retail keys people have been using. God knows how many times it took for them to finally get blocked. Some of them from months ago still work now.

12. efes34

efes34 MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2009
    phone questioned how many computer?

13. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    say one every time...

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    MAK Keys are limited by Activation/Licenses bought! Legal bought Retail Keys are limited by Users who could prove that they're the legal Owner!

15. vuebrat

vuebrat MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2013
    I may be hacktivating my win 8 since my key returned a message "exceeded number of uses" I don't have or want a MS account but I do get updates and download features like dotnet 3.5 from microsoft updates and there has been no issue....defender in win 8.1 is a bit of a challenge but there is an exe in program files/defender if you run it there is an option to turn off or back on real time protection...in services the option to disable is greyed out

about a free OS...I am a big Suse Linux fan have been using it for about 8 years...from Suse 9 this fall Suse 13 will be released..and an writing this reply on a Linux OS