Limpus linux

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Poorguy, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Poorguy

Poorguy MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    I recently acquired an Acer 4230 Laptop with Limpus Linux Installed and I want to Install Windows Vista instead. Who can Help me Uninstall it because even when I F2 and go Bios and set the CD-ROM to boot first, it runs very fast and does not boot from the CD-ROM. I need help!!

2. windom

windom MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    Try a bootable USB pen drive. Linux has several thumb drive images from which to choose.
    Does your bios have a setting for boot delay? Mine does. It gives the CDROM a chance to initialize before the booting sequence starts.
    Are you sure you are actually saving your bios changes when you exit? (have to ask)

-w-

3. 4D696B65

4D696B65 MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Thats the first thing to check. Also are you sure your win7 dvd is burned correctly and is in fact bootable?

As far as deleting your linux, there is no need. Windows can repartition and format over it.

Good luck

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Boot into a live CD..like GParted and delete the stuff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vrchards

vrchards MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Modify parameters in the bios
    to boot first from CD and then from harddisk.
    Vista will kill it anyway.

6. rikwes

rikwes MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    download Gparted live CD from sourceforge
    and burn it. Then boot from the CD and delete/format all HDD's

7. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    :-s

sigh! no one likes freedom. i am desperate to buy a probook high end edition with amd quad core so i never need to touch M$ except in vmware or virtualbox or vserver or xen. this guy, indeed a *POORGUY* giving up his freedom.
    "linux is not free beer. there is no such thing as free beer. but there is free speech."
    anyway its personal choice.
    once again? sigh.