Linux n00b - help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Carel, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Carel

Carel MDL Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hi, I just installed "Fedora 10 x86_64 DVD" in VirtualBox. I had to struggle off my ass to install the VirtualBox additions, I have NO Linux experience. For a first attempt I didn't do too bad, but now I have other problems, that I really need help with.

1.) How do I install an MP3 Plugin for Linux? Does anyone know where I can download one & Install it, if I want to play MP3s, it tells me I need a plugin {this sucks} Anyone to help me?
    2.) I want to share my Windows {host} folders to Linux {Guest}, how? The partition is NTFS and it's 780GB, I've heard that Linux needs an NTFS driver / don't support such large disks... Or maybe I'm just stupid, so maybe someone who knows can tell me ho the heck do I share folders to Linux from a Windows 7 x64 Guest?
    3.) And then I want to share my Host OS's internet to Linux, which is the guest. My Host OS is Windows 7x 64?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Fedora may not be the best "first linux" for you...it is very labor intensive to get set up, especially in the VM such as Vbox..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carel

Carel MDL Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Ok, option 3 have been eliminated. I got it right to sahre the Host's {Windows 7x64} internet to Linux. So, I now have internet access in Linux. But I still need to know how to setup Shared Folders & how to Download / Install an MP3 Plugin, I don't know where to get one?

4. thebulletfromhell

thebulletfromhell MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    #4 thebulletfromhell, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...