Little help needed...Want my theme to install,cant seem to get it...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tnx, Jan 10, 2012.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi all my clever MDL's...
    Just messing again making myself a new install disc. W7 Ultimate SP1 x64 - updated to Jan 2012.
    It's working a treat but there is one thing I seem to be having bother with and i was hoping you clever lot on here would point me in the right direction.

Straight after a new install there are several things I ALWAYS do, got 90% of these locked down with reg files running at install.Simple little things like shortcuts added to the desktop,MY Comp added to desktop etc etc,you know the type.
    And then one thing is I always customize the desktop.

I change the colour to Black and make it none transparent and turn the sliders right to the left making it as black as it will go then i change the desktop to a "Solid Colour" , Black.....Love how this looks.

What I would like is this to be default and install W7 with thses settings. Is this possible ? If so how ?

Any tips please..

Cheers

:coffee:

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Well for the last couple of days I have been looking through all my oldish custom made $OEM$ folders I have collected.
    One of them I got from a member on here. Sorry cant remember who,but thanks.
    Any way this one has a Dell theme which installs it's self. It works great but not really what I am looking for.
    But I was looking closely at the files and realised it had a "ThemeFile" and when opened with notepad showed all the settings.
    So with my theme I have saved where the desktop is black solid colour and Windows Colour is black etc etc I "saved for sharing",unziped with 7Zip and found my "THEMEFile" and found the bits I am interested.

This is just the bit which seems to tell windows the settings I want.
    So I guess if I add my "THEMEFile" into the custom $OEM$ structure I should be able to install my custom theme and have the setup I like from the start..

Seems easy enough and a test is the only way I will know I guess...

Am I heading in the right direction ?

Cheers..

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Just tested and it worked a treat.
    My black theme installed and was the default from the start..

Nice...