Loader activation to OEM key

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by reredowns, May 15, 2016.

1. reredowns

reredowns MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    I have Windows 7 ultimate activated with Windows 7 Loader.
    I just bought a copy of Windows 7 Pro OEM so I can upgrade to win10
    Is there a way to activate windows with this OEM key without reinstalling?

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    if you were going to upgrade to 10. Why did you buy Pro when the Ultimate install with Loader would have given you Win10 Pro free ?

Simply run the Win10 install and upgrade, you get your free copy of Win10 PRO from Ultimate and you can return your PRO and save some money.

3. reredowns

reredowns MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2013
    I'm starting a new job and I need to have a valid legal bought license.
    I still need to know if I can go to this license without reinstalling.

4. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Buying the OEM standalone (ie not with new hardware) so in Microsoft's eyes the licence is no better than pirated anyway.

May as well have used the loader once and get key registered then just done a clean install of 10 'to be sure the HWID is registered'.

5. Agret

Agret MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    If you perform the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 then you will have Windows 10 Pro edition. Once you have Windows 10 pro installed press windows key + R to open the run dialog and enter in "slui 3" which will then popup a box where it prompts you to enter your product key. Write in your Windows 7 Pro OEM key and then you will have a legit install of Windows 10 :)

6. nofunnystuff1

nofunnystuff1 MDL Novice

May 16, 2016

Agret, that'll always work?

If so, how? I thought keys were tied to specific versions of Windows...

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #7 Enthousiast, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Just use daz loader and upgrade or go the gatherosstate route, the generated HWID is legit/genuine.

No need to change the key before upgrading.

Past year was "Free upgrade to 10 for all users of 7 SP1 and 8.1 no matter if it was pirated on 7 SP1 or 8.1 when upgrading to 10 from it" and the generated HWID is for the lifetime of 10 (2025). Some hardware changes can undo it but some sources mentioned even than you don't need to buy 10, the source didn't mention how to do that (i think call msft).

ps, the loader emulates an official oem system by tricking windows into thinking there is a oem bios with corresponding files and key. daz, correct me if i'm wrong :)

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    If you're all that concerned about having a truly genuine copy of Windows 7 to upgrade from, just preserve your data, wipe your drive and install your newly bought Windows 7. After all is said and done, a clean start is sometimes best.

9. Agret

Agret MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Nah with 1511 ISOs you can enter Windows 7 and 8 product keys into the Windows 10 installer and it accepts them.