Loader not working gigabyte mobo

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zyzz, May 17, 2012.

1. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    I recently reformatted 2 of my friends computers and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - the version I have been using for years. It is build 7600 so it is compatible with the loader. My friend I am helping right now has a custom built computer. The mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-s2h. I went and changed the profile to both gigabyte, but what then? I tried custom serial and acer serial, neither worked.

2. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Yes Daz from the thread. Not using default settings. I set the profile to gigabyte/gigabyte since it's a custom brand new reformatted computers. No errors, it installs properly. But we still get the "windows is not genuine" message.

3. zyzz

zyzz MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    I will do it once he's back.

4. acutech

acutech MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2012
    I've had the exact same problem on Asus mobo's this past week on at least 2 different pc's. Using Daz's v2.1.2 (also tried with v2.1.1) loader, setting profile to Asus (or anything else for that matter). Recieve no error, says the loader installed and requires reboot. Upon reboot, the activation status still indicates "3 days left before activation...". Worked for a few years and now all of a sudden it's a no go...

5. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    @acutech,
    We don't know what problem OP has, and therefore have no reason to suspect that you have "the exact same problem".
    Daz has recently been telling people to use the "reverse sort direction" option under the advanced tab when installing on Asus motherboads.

6. acutech

acutech MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2012
    Ok well let's say I've have the exact same result using the loader recently then... ;)

I found the "reverse sort direction" fix in a different thread after posting in this one, though I did not try it yet. I will see in the next few days...

Thanks for replying.

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #9 Michel, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    I already said this to Daz 1 year ago, i gaved him a mgadiag report and there it said you where activated while windows it self said ''not genuine, activate now''. The problem lies with UEFI bios and some SSD's. Because when i had a 7200 HDD i couldn't install a matched profile (acer slic, acer cert and acer key). I needed to do acer slic, acer cert and gigabyte key.

I am glad i am not the only one here, i took a risk and flashed my laptop last year and activated without issues.

8. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I pm'd daz about it 1 year ago so the mgadiag is probably lost by now. It's possible i used gigabyte slic -> gigabyte cert and acer key (can't remember because it's so long ago). Why do you think it's fishy ? i wont lie about this. The loader does not work on my laptop when i added a SSD drive (crucial m4 256gb) as main and only drive. Before that the Loader had problems with a combo.

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Will windows 8 be possible to activate it by that way ?

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Possibly no... Windows 8 willn't use oem:slp activation like Vista or 7 :(

11. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I wonder how oem-brands will activate then. I don't think they add on every machine a new license.