Loader question requesting clarification please.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Janset, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi all.

My first post this forum, I hope I do the right thing. :p

My Win7 Ultimate was working O.K. for several months when suddenly it chucked a wobbly and claimed that it was non genuine. Needless to say that after a lot of messing around I decided to try WAT, (I think it is HAZAR's creation, thank you HAZAR).

This fix worked well for some months until I made the mistake of installing SP1 which resulted in the return of the problem.

Fortunately I had made a Ghost backup only a few days before which I invoked and all is back to normal, minus SP 1.

I read with interest that DAZ has now a fix that solves the SP1 problem relating to the "non genuine".

My question now. How do I go about installing DAZ's loader considering that I have used WAT earlier and to my knowledge is still in effect on my PC?

Do I have to uninstall WAT first, if so how, as I cannot find any uninstall function in the WAT program nor can I find instructions on how to do this?

I am also unable to find any instructions as to what should be done under as in my case.

Great site guys.

Regards

P.S. Do we get email notification when a reply is posted?

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  3. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi hbhb.

This does not look to be a simple fix to remove WAT from my system does it?

What to do? I think when times permits I will have to format another HD that I have on hand and go for a fresh install of Win 7 as suggested and go straight for DAZ's fix. Unfortunately I do not have access to a Win7 with SP 1 slip streamed so I will have to go the way of an update after installing Win 7.

Fortunately I have a caddie system for my HD so changing HD's only involves turning the PC off, substituting the caddie and then rebooting.

Just on another point please, when I type this reply I get a message in the right corner advising that my message has been auto saved. Where does auto save put my message should I need to access it again, and under what conditions can I access the auto saved message? :confused:

Thanks for your input.
    Regards

4. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi hbhb.

Nice to know you have such faith in me but I am embarrassed to ask, could you please set it out step by step.

You say execute the program, what actual program are you talking about, is it DAZ's Loader program or HAZAR's WAT? I ask this because the WAT 2 that is currently servicing my Win 7 has no uninstall function?

Do I run/install DAZ's Loader over the top of WAT? :confused:

I will ask about the USB suggestion later. One obstacle at a time is plenty enough for me thanks.:(

Regards

5. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    HI acrsn.

Thanks for the walk through. I now have to get some access time from the wife and more importantly a good measure of backbone. :eek:

I do have an ace up my sleeve (I hope) in that I can always Ghost back if I stuff up, unless it is a right royal stuff up.;)

I will let you know how I went after my sortie.

Regards

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Thanks ACRSN for always being available to help, and you Janset I aint worry bout you, you ll do well.:D

7. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #8 CaptainKirk1966, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

Please do not confuse Daz's WatFix with Hazar's RemoveWat. RemoveWat is evil, and should never be used. WatFix repairs modifications made by RemoveWat. Watfix fixes wat, but does not remove it. Follow acrsn's instructions.

8. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi Captain Kirk.

Yep will do. I have printed out the instructions that acrsn has posted and I will be nailing it to my forehead as I perform the operation....so to speak. I have already down loaded Watfix and DAZ's Loader and created a "favorite" link to windows SP1 download site.

Hopefully I will to the deed this weekend.:rolleyes:

Regards to all

9. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi guys back again with some further questions. :eek:

I went to your recommended SP1 download site and I find that I am confused again.

What is confusing me is "what actually I am required to do and how to go about it" as I find that these instructions are couched with a lot of other stuff that I do not understand as it does not simply say, "click this to install".

There appears to be a lot of other things that may need doing. Could someone please lay it out "simply" for me....again!

Registry hacks, ISO imaging and Scripting are not my forte and I have to proceed with baby steps when/if these are involved. :eek:

Regards

10. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Grab the win7 SP1 first.
    Then you have two options,either burn it a a dvd or use WIN7 USB DVD program to make a USB BOOTABLE.
    Assuming you have a 4gb usb, that will be the easy route for you as the WIN7 USB prog, -U gotta download it- have 4 baby steps that it guides u through, nothing fancy just couple clicks.

11. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi hbhb.

I read your above advice and it sounded quite clear and simple, so on that note I went back to locate the desired link located somewhere in a previous post. I tried every link I could see (I think) but to tell you the truth, I do not know what I am looking for, read as, which link/file do I download?

The links/posts talk about Win7 then SP1 and multiple files and text files etc...... I don't know hbhb, I'm sorry, but I can not seem to be able to sort the chaff from the wheat as to what download/link that I need to comply with your instruction?

Just as a point, will I have to use the Win7 installation disk somewhere in the process?

Now you see how confused I realy am, sorry. o_O

Regards

12. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  14. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    much betta:D

15. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi urie, thank for your input, but that page when I had a look at it frightens the heeby jeebies out of me. Too many options I fear.:eek:

Regards

16. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi hbhb.

Got your email and down loaded the 64bit version, thanks. Tomorrow I hope to go out and buy a 4+ gig USB stick for this exercise.

What do you mean by "look in code and you will find........"? I assume under your entry, "Code:" when I open the downloaded file I will find 4 text files giving me instructions on what to do, but your file was 990MB in size, I have never seen a text file that big.

Thank you for your offered to let me PM you (personal messages??) if I feel the need as I am starting to feel rather foolish by now asking this many question on an open forum. :p

Regards

17. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi acrsm.

I must admit, that I have not done this much reading of information about a task for a very long time, it's rather daunting. Hopefully once I get the handle on it, it should be easier. At the moment my biggest problem is that I am walking in baby shoe behind you giants, hence all the inane question trying to understand and I really appreciate what you are doing.

This is a great forum!

Regards

18. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    it is cool man, we all needed help one way or another and still do, feel free to ask here as well, it could help someone else. The text is only a link to the dowload.
    You will be amazed once u start playing how easy it is. We are all here to help, so you are not alone, just keep one unit on to access the web while u installing so u can communicate if anything is needed. I give you 99% all go well, preparation is half the battle.:D

19. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    That was quick hbhb :biggrin:

While I have you still, when it comes to getting the data onto the USB stick, do I just open the file and copy the contents onto the USB stick?
    And, how does the stick work, do I simple insert the USB stick in when I want the installation to begin or do I have to hunt for an .exe file a click from there? I had better go to bed as it is 12.40 am here.

Regards