loader won't work

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crabhunter, Jan 9, 2010.

1. crabhunter

crabhunter MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2009
    For some reason no loader will work on my wifes laptop.
    There are no bios update tools available or bios files, modded or unmodded.
    I am now using the removewat method.
    I'm curious as to why loaders are not working on this laptop and wonder if any future loaders might.
    Mike

2. Zeratul

Zeratul MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2009
    give us some specs, like manufacturer, model # and such. perhaps someone can help you, but we need more info to do so.

3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Which loaders did you try?
    What was the error you got? What happened when you tried them?

The more information the better... ;)

4. crabhunter

Dec 30, 2009
    OK the lappys an advent 5311.
    I have tried the latest loader by daz and another that promises to work when all others fail.
    They both install and say it was successful but after a reboot windows still isn't activated. I have tried all the options.
    I have tried doing fresh installs between trys.
    There is no way of replaceing the bios, there are just no bios flashing or reading tools for this laptop.
    I'm curious to know WHY it isn't working.
    Mike

5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Have you tried RemoveWAT/Chew-WGA?

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #6 HotCarl, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. crabhunter

Dec 30, 2009
    #7 crabhunter, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    (OP)
    Yes Hazar, that is the method I am (wife is) using.That works fine.
    I'm just curious as to why a loader is not working.
    Mike

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Have you tried Daz's loader as well?

...I assume you probably have. If so, what are the specs of your computer?
    How is your hard drive set up? Are there multiple OS's (multi-boot situation) or are you only running Windows 7?

9. crabhunter

Dec 30, 2009
    Carl, no I have not tried that one.thanks.
    I have only had 7 on one partition,plus it's system one.
    Mike

10. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    I would try Daz's loader first. No loader program can possibly work on every system out there. Where mine may fail once in a while, Daz's may work...and vice-versa.

Also, have you tried the different loader modes in O7A, like the "Alternate" or "Forced" modes???

11. crabhunter

Dec 30, 2009
    I did say in my first post that I am using removewat, my question is why is the loader not working, ie is the bios not doing something it should?
    Mike

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #12 HotCarl, Jan 9, 2010
    I didnt see anything there saying you had RemoveWAT installed when I glanced at the OP initially. I see it now, sorry :p

...so you have RemoveWAT installed and you are trying to install a loader?

You will need to restore WAT with the RemoveWAT program first before attempting to run a loader program...since RemoveWAT may stop some services that O7A (or any loader program) will need in order to do what it needs to do... You also may need to restart the computer as well after restoring the WAT, although that is just an assumption and you may not need to :p

13. crabhunter

Dec 30, 2009
    to make things clear.
    I have tried dazs 1.7.7 loader and another I can't remember and I'm at work at the moment so I can't check.
    I have tried all the options ie force etc.
    I have tried clean installs of win7 between tries.
    i have checked the iso is identical to the ms one.
    I am SUCCESSFULLY using remove wat.
    I am just wondering in what situation do loaders not work.
    Mike

14. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #14 HotCarl, Jan 9, 2010
    You can't really predict when a loader will or will not work (in general :p), you just need to try it...and sometimes it comes down to trial and error to find a loader program or loader mode that works for you. It mostly comes down to zsmin's grub loader file not being able to be compatible with 100% of all possible systems out in the world... It is nothing to do with zsmin's coding or anything like that, it is just how it is when you are working outside of the OS (Windows 7), nothing is uniform like it is from within the Windows environment and things differ between PC vendors, and over the years things have changed... No matter what, it is very unlikely that there will ever be a loader that will work 100% of the time (on every possible system, setup or configuration)...that is why driver "loaders" are attractive - because you have a much higher possible success rate because everything is much more uniform and controlled from within Windows. ;)

I am betting that your system is just incompatible with zsmin's grub loader, unfortunately, so there is nothing that can be done about it. You need to stick with RemoveWAT or look into modding your BIOS...or you could always buy Windows 7, but that is no fun :p :eek: