locked out of google account

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ohenry, May 1, 2022.

1. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Your story is confusing, you say you can't sign in, and a few sentences later say your account has been canceled because you're signed in.
    So, are you logged in or not, is your account deleted or not? How can you be signed in when your account is closed and maybe even closed.
    Yes, it's true that about a month ago Google changed its login, and if you really haven't deleted your old cookies from your device, start by deleting them (absolutely all old cookies need to be deleted from all devices, ie computers or computers and phones and everywhere whatever you use.) Then restart your computer, phone, and so on. Now make sure you have cookies enabled and that you don't have AdGuard or anything like that when you sign in. You'll receive a double-check code on phone or by different email etc. (such as Android, iPhone etc, can be used even if it's not connected to a network — then the code will be sent over Bluetooth to your phone or over a mobile network if it was a phone listed in your account, or to any email what was marked in your account).
    If that doesn't work, you can send an email without signing in to Google account. Do it from Google site, link is on the same page where is said that You need use phone or alternate email etc to get code and there in email request a password reset or whatever you need to do.
    Everything works,
    I did it in person just a few weeks ago. And even if your account is closed, nothing will happen there before 6 months from closing and everything is still there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I never said my account was deleted, I said it was locked. And I never said that I was signed in, the message to my recovery email at sbcglobal said that I was signed in somewhere. I have checked every device I own, and nothing is signed it, computers, phone, nothing.

Google recognizes my sbcglobal.net email as being my recovery email. I have emails from them to my account at sbcglobal saying so, but they will not accept that as a place to send a security code. They will only send a security code to the actual gmail address, or to the phone number on the account (which is my google voice number).

Did you try reading the article I linked to on PCMag?

4. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
  5. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    After two and a half days, I have recovered my google account. I just kept trying, doing the same things over and over again, several times each day. Remember the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Well, in this case insanity paid off.

This afternoon, around 5, I went through the process again, and it allowed me to use my backup recovery email. But it didn't let me in immediately. I got an email saying to wait 6 hours and maybe I would get an email with a link to recover. Sure enough, almost exactly 6 hours later I received an email with a recovery link and I am back in.

You better believe the first thing I did was download my 10 backup codes, and the second thing was to change the 2 step verification to use the actual cell phone number.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :tooth: stupid google

7. ciyive9642

ciyive9642 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2020
    Google sucks as well as FB! I had a similar issue with FB I tried to log into my account maybe after 7-8 years. After a month I got access to my account, the problem with FB is also the same, there is no human to talk to, there is no email, no contact number, all you get is FAQ and stupid automated replies which are useless. After that I have checked all my others accounts and deleted the ones not in use, and updated the ones that I am using/ will use.

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    You need a phone number to register, no thanks, besides 2fast is protected, malware can not take screenshots of it.

9. siliconbeaver

siliconbeaver MDL Member

Apr 29, 2022
    yahoo or google requests a phone number.

I have lost my main yahoo account because of this. I tried long time (some three months), couldn't get it recovered. as a result, I have lost many web accounts (ebay, FB, TWTR, , ,) which took yahoo email account as login or email.