Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jazzar, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Hello guys,

Which command i should use if i want my pc to log in, im using a remotely connection to my pc so that i could control it but i need sometimes to let it log in when im away so that downloads would start.

Thx

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What Remote Control Apps you're using? You need to be a bit specific for to get an correct answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    pcmonitor its supported for windows 8

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I didn't know PCMonitor. I use RAdmin for several years now because of it's security and ease of use.

But I know that PCMonitor used Verification codes for to connect. Every "Server" has it's own Verification Code and you'll need that one maybe every time you like to log on to an Remote computer. From LAN it's quite easy but from Internet.

Unfortunate RAdmin is Payware app. US$ 50.00 per server. RAdmin uses Server and Viewer while the Server is for that PC('s) you want to connect to while the Viewer for those you use for to connect. The Viewer is free of charge. RAdmin uses either DomainName or IP from the Internet and the Computer ID from LAN, both together with an Port number which you could assign on your own and a username and password. From Internet you could also use dynamic IP Services. RAdmin is fast and secure and gives you 100% power on the server you connect to. It also works on any version of Windows incl. Windows 8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Thx but i dont want to remotely log in to my pc, all i want is send a command that it autologs my pc when received, any tips ? thx.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could do that with RAdmin! But I don't know PCMonitor will let you do that. Anyway both will need you to log on to the PC for to supply the command sequence you like to run!

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Simple solution: use remote desktop to logon, then disconnect instead of logging off. Everything stays running if you do that.

8. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Thx works like a charm

9. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    #9 roirraW "edor" ehT, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    If I misunderstood, tell or ignore me, but wouldn't it be simpler to type (either in the Classic Shell Start Menu's search field, or on the previously-known-as-Metro Start Screen "netplwiz" without the quotes, uncheck the box at the top about "User must enter...", hit OK, enter your Windows password twice, then OK again.

That'll cause Windows to log in automatically. What I do then is I also put in my Startup folder (or you can schedule a task if you want it to go faster) a custom shortcut (.lnk file) you can create: I call it Lock It Down, you can call it whatever you want. For the Target of the shortcut put:

Code:
    D:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
    <- change "D:" to your Windows drive letter or use variables if you want.

For Start in (maybe defaults to anyway):

Code:
    D:\Windows\System32
    So Windows will automatically log in but then very shortly after Lock the PC so someone still has to enter a password to use the PC, but meanwhile all your programs will start running. Been doing this since Vista days.