logging all processes with disk activity ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cruxq, Jun 23, 2014.

1. cruxq

cruxq MDL Junior Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I know you can open up resource monitor, and look at the disk tab for the information, but, I am looking for a way to log all of that to a file, so I can see over time, how many bytes are written for each process that is running.

Anyone know of any tool that I can do this with?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NSAuditor would be one of such tools! But: How you like to examine those log files? Did you thing you'll have time enough for to do that? I hardly don't believe that! there will be thousands of lines within a very short time for to need proved!

Such work is only useful in extreme cases of emergency!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cruxq

cruxq MDL Junior Member

Mar 31, 2010
    That program may work, but, I was looking for some that is free. This is only for home use.
    While it may be thousands of files, after a few days, you would see which files write the most, and then you can see a pattern.

I am just trying to see which files write the most with normal, everyday operations.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could try NADetector, is from the same company and free but limited a lot!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...