Login and password for DLINK 500B

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by -=WGN=-, Jan 3, 2010.

1. -=WGN=-

-=WGN=- MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2009
    Hello guys, I have a net and I have shared many problems with blocked ports on the modem, and so I come here asking for your help. The thing is, I have shared internet and owner does not want to pass the login and password, then I want to discover the login and password for the modem (Brand: DLINK; Model: 500B), so I can get the firmware and unlock the doors to my IP.

There is a DOS command that I typed to try to download the firmware of the modem is as follows:
    Tftp-i 192.168.1.1 get teimage.bin

But it did not work. If someone can help me I thank you!

2. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    password

most dlink password are either

user name admin or blank
    password admin or blank

and if I were you I would not upgrade the firmware if you brick the thing he ( she ) will know it was you . If there is a password if and you have access to the router press the reset button if it has one it will go back to the origonal setting's and anything changed ( blocked port's ) will be set back to factory setting's

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Unless he wants to hack his neighbours router that he uses as wireless point (with or without the other party knowledge...)

sebus

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    If the owner of the net blocked the doors, talk with him, is he your dad by chance?:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    If you are trying to reflash your router then I would be asking this ona more appropriate forum with more experienced people ( ie. DD-WRT or Tomato forums)
    You can brick it, like said above, if you don't TFTP correctly and follow the firmware install instructions.

6. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    ^^^ Yep always follow the 30-30-30 rule for firmware transplants