Login Password Irritation?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by scaramonga, Oct 19, 2015.

1. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Thought I'd go back to getting insider builds again, and switched to an MS account to do so. Well how irritating! Must be some setting that is disabled or whatever?, but it insists I log in with a password at each boot, no matter if I have it set not to do so!! Even the local account requires a password, despite not having set one?

Been through all the hoops trying to get it not to do so, is there some setting that I could have turned off that maybe is effecting this?

Had to switch back to just a local account so I can access the system without entering any password. The way I like it to be, as there is only I who uses the system.

H

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    if u log in local go into your account settings and change it so it will not require u to input a password....now if u log in using a MS account u need to type in a password each time u re-boot or computer comes out of sleep mode.

3. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    #3 Kuantum Freak, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I have only tried this with a computer with only one MSA, but you could try it and see if it works:biggrin:

Code:
    [Windows] + [R]
    type: Control Userpasswords2
    uncheck box that says "Users must enter a password....... "
    you could also set a pin, so you only have to type in 4 numbers to login

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    You can put netplwiz in the run dialog, and uncheck use a password. You can also set it to not require password when coming out of sleep in power settings. The only time you will absolutely need a password is if you sign out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scaramonga

Oct 27, 2012
    Both are unchecked, but I take it from the above replies, that having an MS account login, means one must type something at each boot, aka, no straight to desktop with an MS account?

6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    No that is NOT true. I never enter a password, and I have a MS account. The ONLY time I need to enter my password is when I log out. If you have everything setup properly you will NEVER need to enter a password at boot.

7. scaramonga

Oct 27, 2012
    As I thought. So something is wrong then :)