Login to my acount in xp fails

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by topex, Jan 6, 2011.

1. topex

topex MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2011
    Hallo to all, this is my very first post here and i have searched for "login" before posting however i didnt find anything relevant so i migth use wrong terms, but her i give it a go ! :)

The case is like this, I have a install of xp with sp3, i was tired of to log in to my acount just by clicking the "ejer" acount (there is a administration acount aswell).

i fiddled with the settings in newpassword2 and with powertoys fore xp and i happily had i direct boot into my desktop, without no acount selection. :biggrin:

Well after a few boots i suddenly faced my problem, windows boots up, i come to a little window where both acounts is and i can selected them and then i got a message its wrong password even there aint a passwords fore any of them and where there had to be typed is like dead and i can do nothing then to reboot, same isue when boot in F8.

i have now picked out the disk and hooked it up with a usb interface to "rob" my firefox profile and copied it in to another machine so iam not that lost to access my acvounts and webpages, :eek: however i really would love to be able to boot the computer again ! Is there anyway any of u guys could help me out?

I had a idea of editing the bootfile in a teksteditor how ever idunno how or if it will work but any helpfull coment will really be apreciated.

thanks in advance. :worthy:

Topex

2. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. topex

topex MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2011
    Finally it became weekend and i few minuttes to download, burn and boot the recomended ISO, i did boot up however never found out how to use this linux distro i did by mistake boot the maschine once more without the cd in drive and i booted directly into my desktop and was prompted that windows was booted after a update or something like that.
    It seems like it works and i am happy :)
    Thx skylark for enlighten me with mentioned distro i will keep bookmark if anything else should happen on my xp machines .

4. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I'm glad to learn that your XP managed to sort itself out. That Ophcrack live CD is a good one keep in your emergency repairs arsenal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008