Logitech K850 keyboard and mouse combo problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Kim100, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2009
    This wireless combo keeps freezing for no apparent reason. It seems to be a quite common problem with Logitech products but I cannot find an answer any where. I have moved the dongle to different ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers but the problem continues. This is with Windows 10 x64 LTSC, Any ideas?

2. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    I use the Logitech MK550 Wireless Wave Keyboard & Mouse Combo with Logitech SetPoint-x64 v6.69.123 and previous SetPoint versions without issue... I have expierenced some issues when using the USB ports on the Front of the Case of a desktop PC that were rectified by using the USB ports on the back of the Motherboard... Just say'n...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    Typically, this is not a problem with Logitech, but a problem is related with computer cleaning, clipboard cleaning and registry cleaning.
    Many people never clean nothing, never fix registry data and it is the typical reason.
    I'm using Logitech software regularery about ten years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I would normally agree but this is a fresh installation, perhaps a month or so. Its either a Logitech issue or possibly a conflict with other software, a search on Google does throw this problem up a lot with Logitech kit which points the finger in their direction.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    You say month or so and think it's clean???
    If You really think so, then we have nothing more to talk about.

6. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Following a fresh install the problem persists. A new wireless dong didn’t help, my combo is now boxed up and going in the loft to use another day. The problem has to be some sort of driver/software conflict but it is so random I don’t see a way to tie it down. I would rather lash out a few quid on a new keyboard and mouse than continue looking into this issue. I agree that Logitech is very reliable, but something else is disagreeing with this product. Presently a wired Logitech keyboard and a cheap wireless mouse are working fine.

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Try moving the little usb transceiver? I had to use a usb extension cable from the back of my pc to a place below my monitor in order to get an uninterrupted signal. Try fresh batteries too

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Also depending on age of computer usb ports could be worn or slack.

9. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I was using a Logitech rig for quite a long time, it would drop out once in while. I'm now using a Microsoft Desktop 900 keyboard/mouse combo and it seems a bit more reliable.

10. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I replaced the Logitech combo with a Cherry wired keyboard and a Jelly wireless mouse, no problem at all since making the change a few weeks back. I tried all the above suggestions, nothing helped, the PC is just over 12 months old, no wear on the ports.