Looking for a new password removal (bootable) program, Have been using "Active".....

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by MarinoNY, Mar 28, 2017.

1. MarinoNY

MarinoNY MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2014
    I have been using a password remover program called "active" that has been passed down from tech to tech in my shop and it does a great job removing local account passwords and even has a few other built in tools I haven't really messed with.
    Active has a great UI and I love the set up. Was interested to see if any of you guys have been using a newer one that maybe can even bypass/remove even Microsoft account tied passwords?

I understand that these MS accounts can be reset by Microsoft, but as a lot of you techs know how annoying it is to try and explain to the customers "we" cant do anything about it.

If is even possible, great, if not just wondering what software you guys have been using. Thanks!:biggrin:

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    in hirens theres a salas password renew that allowed you to add new admin user.
    im sure you can extract it to the usb of active@boot disk and use it.

how to bypass a ms password stored online ?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Hardly possible to bypass a online password, if you don't have it!!

As long as a/the Password ('s) is stored in an SAM Database on the computer, there some apps with could remove those password and a very few which let to change the existing one! If you know the correct lenght of a password (you're looking for) and use a bruteforce apps, you maybe (big MAYBE) could find a working one. It's just a very hard job!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Last week I was try to get from a locked Windows Server 2012 R2 the Password removed with Active Password Changer, that didn't worked because of the non-existing SAM Database!
    I was need to use a other approach for to get a new Password inserted and working. Needed 15 min for to do that and was need the Server DVD for that too. The whole process works from Command Line only!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  7. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    I just tested your procedure. It works great with a local account but did not work with a Microsoft account.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    No wonder, the MS Account keeps the passwords online!!

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  10. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Does anyone know of a program that can remove SYSKEY startup passwords?

11. commando

commando MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    the best program i have used is passware kit ....
    till windows 7 it was my best program for resetting password on windows os
    but now have not tried it in windows 10 because its trial is not freely available (for old users ) & its full version is hell costly....

12. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Are you in PE?
    I know it works on Windows 10 from experience.
    I don't remember if the Names key exists. But worst case, you can reset all accounts.

13. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007