Looking for a way to mod my hp pavilion dv6915nr laptop

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Curtmaster, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Curtmaster

Curtmaster MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2011
    #1 Curtmaster, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
    LOOKING TO FIND A WAY FOR MY hP PAVILION DV6915NR LAPTOP TO ACCEPT NEW WIFI CARDS. I HAVE TRIED THE WIFI LINK 5300 WIRELESS CARD AND THE ULTIMATE N 6300 CARD AS WELL AND YET NO LUCK. IF SO ONE CAN COME UP WITH A WAY FOR ME TO GET EITHER ONE OF THESE CARDS TO WORK, IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS
    Also I have tried a modded bios from somewhere else just recently and only have been able to get the card to not at get that error message only. I get only to my Windows 7 home screen but yet the cards don't work still.

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Curtmaster

Curtmaster MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks for replying back, it does uses the Hp wireless assistance but I think it could go without it. I do have good working wifi cards, I believe

4. Curtmaster

Curtmaster MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2011
    mine does have a switch at the bottom front of my computer to turn wifi on and off also . Not sure thought about the FN.

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    If you have the switch and its turned on have a look in device manager to see if the device is showing there.
    Some laptops dont have the physical switch like yours and therefore you have to press the FN+the wlan key to enable or disable the wifi card.
    If the device is not showing in device manager than make sure its not been switched off in your bios. Also check that your wifi card is seated corrcectly on your motherboard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...