looking for a win7 pro toshiba

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dean ChesterO, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Dean ChesterO

Dean ChesterO MDL Novice

May 11, 2019
    hi, 8 monthes ago i bought an new toshiba pc it came with win7 pro its like an oem the original wallpaper theme etc.. everything was fine until i format the pc and try to install win7 again in every possible way, every time i try to install its break down again the screen freezing and that such things i checkd the drivers and everything was ok but the system still doesn't work, so theres any hope to get an win 7 version that maybe work?, there's an oem version or something like that for new toshiba pc and link please, sorry about my weak eng and thanks

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Windows 7 is windows 7, there is no special Toshiba version, only Toshiba may have some specific drivers, but they cannot freeze nothing during installation. Only after installing You may see some yellow signs if open Device manager.
    Then simply must install missing drivers and thats all.
    If something freezes during installation, should be something wrong with installation media or or with settings, ie something with BIOS settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dean ChesterO

Dean ChesterO MDL Novice

May 11, 2019

4. Dean ChesterO

Dean ChesterO MDL Novice

May 11, 2019
    dude i checked all the drivers, its installed all, but the windows still crashes and freezing after the install

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    At 8 months old, it may still be under warranty. Contact Toshiba support for an RMA.
    Personally I do not see how you can get a new Toshiba pc with Windows 7 on it 8 months ago

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @Joe C if you read you will see he said seller installed windows 7 he also said it is a feedos model

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    #9 John Sutherland, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Thought I found something but it doesn't apply to that model.

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #10 Joe C, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    @urie ... yup. I missed that.
    I only read the first post from the op...
    "hi, 8 monthes ago i bought an new toshiba pc it came with win7 pro"

I think the op should still contact the "seller" on this laptop and they might provide a usb or a dvd disk if asked

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes I agree Joe but i think he will not have a disk if the laptop came with freedos, probably won't even have slic in bios. Unless bios mod or using Daz loader.

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Without knowing who the "seller" is, it could already have slic in the bios. The op needs to contact this place that sold it to him to find out what kind of support they can or will offer first.

12. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    can it be possible to run AIDA 64 and export the results in txt file. In that way we could see the hardware configuration. in that way it will be easier to find correct drivers. When I have a doubt I use this solution in case of new installation.

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I've gone through this exact scenario before. As long as you have a serial number for the particular OS,
    you should be able to reinstall from a MS Win 7 ISO. (Look around MDL for a real download, not some home brew ISO. ;) )

As urie suggested, go to toshiba and see if you can find the "drivers and utilities" disc and download it.

If for some reason you can't find a serial number, then download WIndows 7 Ultimate and install the Daz loader.

install the chipset driver first, or you might experience problems with other hardware.

14. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    the old SLIC Toolkit app can check whether a slic table is in the toshiba bios and the slic version