Looking for Intel HM77 chipset software for Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Wonder Woman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Somewhere on this forum, a forumer posted the link to download Intel chipset software v9.3.0.1021.

However according to Intel's website, the above is for desktop board chipsets, not for mobile chipsets such as HM77.

If anyone of you manages to locate Intel HM77 chipset software for Windows 8, please let me know.

I have so far refrained from installing Windows 8 (Enterprise or Pro) due to the above issue.

2. silverkid

silverkid MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    It works on mobile too, I have it right now on my Win7 laptop. It should work on Win8 too, and if not, probably the default drivers will be enough for the moment.

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    The first half of your sentence contradicts the latter half.

Have you installed Intel chipset software v9.3.0.1021 on your Windows 8? Did it work?

4. silverkid

silverkid MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    How is it contradicting it? I simply meant that should the Intel drivers not work on Win8, the OS itself comes with default chipset drivers that should work just fine, at least I think so. And no, I didn't get around to installing Windows 8 yet so I guess I'm not a reliable source, but hey it's your call. IMO you can install it, it's not going to break anything.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess my English is not as good as I thought.

5. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    The Intel Chipset Drivers aren't drivers in the sense that people think, they are just INF text file so that Windows detects the components correctly. Intel does have proper drivers, such as the AHCI/RAID performance drivers, but they are a separate download. The driver normally showing in the device manager for Intel AHCI, and the AHCI driver in the chipset INF's just utilise the standard Microsoft AHCI driver.

6. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I installed it and it installed without incident. Whether it is necessary is another question because Windows 8 installed OK and all of my hardware was recognized including my 3TB HD.