Looking for KMSFull update

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Leica, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Hi guys,

Please help me!

On my personal network I have computers running Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and Office 2013. All these are Volume License Editions and all of them get activated beautifully and silently in the background by my KMS Server. Since they have all been pointed to my KMS Server only once ever during the initial install, with the command "slmgr -skms <my-own-kms-server>", they now keep getting activated in the background. All I have to do is "charge" the KMS Server once a month or so with Activation Helper 1.5.

The KMS Server I have is what I found right here on this forum about a year ago. It is called "KMSFull v2.01 by Ratiborus". It is a so elegant and easy to install because it is a ready made virtual machine in the .vmdk VMWare format. So there is nothing to it except to power it on.

Amway, so everything was fine until just now when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. These new versions of Windows do NOT get activated by KMSFull v2.01. :(

So someone please help me find a newer updated KMSFull or any other equivalent KMS Server that will do the job with Windows 8.1, Server 2012 R2 and Office 2013.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. melwin

melwin MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2012
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/38289-Windows-8-KMS-Activation

I guess there are something in this topic :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Tito already pointed to right sub-forums. Get Microsoft Toolkit and install it's KMSServerService, no need for ancient solutions (that btw went a long way to come back here :cool2:). Can be found in the dropdown menu in 'Activation' Tab of the Toolkit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I just read about "Microsoft" Toolkit and saw a YouTube video as well. It looks like just another activation utility like KMSpico, where one installs it on each machine and then manually activates it periodically. This is great for people who have one machine and have no idea about KMS commands like "slmgr". This is NOT what I am after! I do not want to install some crappy "patch" or whatever it maybe on each machine!

What I want is having one machine being a dedicated KMS server, so that all the other machines can point to it and activate automatically. This is what I have been doing with KMSFull v2.01 by Ratiborus.

Please someone help me find something like this. Isn't there a KMSFull v3? Where is Ratiborus? God help me!!! :worthy:

6. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Thanks so much for your effort xinso...

Sorry I do not fully understand what your saying. It is late and mind isn't working well :(

So are you saying that there is something by Ratiborus which will do Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 but not Server 2012 R2? But with Server 2012 R2 one can do a permanent activation? If so then this sounds good :)

However last I knew there was a "Daz Loader" which did a permanent activation for Windows 7 only using some OEM BIOS or something like that. Sorry I am not up to date at all with thing since the last year and a half.

7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    It's not bad, but you could do the same thing with a 256 KB executable.
    If you are looking to activate other systems, KMS Server Service in MTK 2.5.0+
    If you just want to self-activate, AutoKMS will do the job.
    There are other great solutions as well.
    qad's windivert kms service is good for both self-activating and activating others, esp on a win7 system since you don't need .net 4+

There's really a lot of treasures in the KMS subforum... you should really check them out.

8. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am looking to activate other systems. I am not looking to self-activate. Since you mention of more than one option, may I ask which you recommend is the easiest and one which will activate all three - Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Office 2013?

I don't like or use Windows 7 so I would be not too interested in "qad's windvert".

Thanks again.

9. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  10. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Just load up MTK, install kms server service from the activator tab and point the other computers at your system on the network.
    You will need to add firewall allowance in Windows Firewall and any other firewall program.
    Just point the firewall program at the "C:\Windows\KMSServerService\KMS Server Service.exe"

If you activate people outside of your immediate network, you will need to set the traffic type to ANY
    If just network stuff, you can set it to LocalSubNet

The IP address on the remote systems is just what your router reports your IP as.
    It's usually something like 192.168.0.2 or something similar.

11. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I ran MTK on a machine with freshly installed Windows Server 2012 R2. I installed the KMS Server Service. Then from another machine with Windows 8.1 (again freshly installed), while I could ping the server's ip address. Then I tried to active it, it did not work. I checked on the Server and the KMS Server Service is running. It is "Automatic" and "Started".

What do I need to do? Surely the KMS Server Service needs a key of some sort?

I think this is the right way to go with this MTK, but something more needs to be done to get it working...

Thanks.

12. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #14 s1ave77, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    In opposite to a real KMS Host there is no CSVLK (Host Key) to install for KMSServerService. You only need to allow it in Firewall in Admin CMD:

Code:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="KMS Server Service" dir=in  program="%windir%\KMSServerService\KMSServerService.exe" localport=1688 protocol=TCP action=allow remoteip=any
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="KMS Server Service" dir=in  program="%windir%\KMSServerService\KMSServerService.exe" localport=1688 protocol=TCP action=allow remoteip=localsubnet
    Adapt the red pathes to match your install location

13. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #15 Leica, Apr 22, 2014
    (OP)
    Where do I add the code that you kindly provided? To a file? And also, do I add the code to the KMS Server machine only?

Sorry if these are dumb questions...o_O

14. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #16 s1ave77, Apr 22, 2014
    You'll need to enter the commands in Command Prompt running as admin line after line. This only needs to be done on the Host Machine.

Adapted lines for KMSServerService by MTK, no need for changes only enter them:

Code:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="KMS Server Service" dir=in  program="%windir%\KMSServerService\KMS Server Service.exe" localport=1688 protocol=TCP action=allow remoteip=any
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="KMS Server Service" dir=in  program="%windir%\KMSServerService\KMS Server Service.exe" localport=1688 protocol=TCP action=allow remoteip=localsubnet

15. Leica

Leica MDL Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #17 Leica, Apr 22, 2014
    (OP)
    IT WORKS!!!!!

Those two lines did the magic!

Wow! What a simple and beautiful solution. I tested it on Windows 8 & 8.1, Server 2012 & 2012 R2 and Office 2013!!!

You people, you aren't people. You are GODS!!! :worthy:

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! !

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

16. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Credits would go to CODYQX4 for this little master piece :cool2:.